Yo yo yo! So I'm couch lounging at my sister's in Austin right now. I'm freaking starving. I've been in a state of starving since Wednesday...even though I feel like I've eaten a lot of food. I've lost 3 lbs since I started working out every morning ( yes, out of boredom ), but have the annoying side effect of you know, sore muscles and constant hunger. This morning at 5:45 AM I realized I haven't had donuts in months. Matt and I ate at this place called Cowboy Chicken last night and I devoured half a rotisserie chicken, twiced baked mashed potatoes, and cole slaw, and was hungry 4 hours later. We saw "Pirates of the Carribean" last night, but almost not because the 6 showings after we showed up to the theater had sold out. It was really fun...even though it gave me nightmares. Also saw "Devil Wears Prada" last week which A) was a really relatable movie because everyone has a boss they've hated B) made me want to have Anne Hathaway's huge lashy eyes and C) made me realize I have no sense of style whatsoever. But that's ok. Am really glad that Matt is cool with coming to see me even with his busy schedule.
Other than that I've spent a lot of time cleaning the new apartment, learning new vocabulary for the GREs ( canonical, effrontery, chicanery ), and spending time with the dallas buddies. Had a good time listening to early 90's one-hit-wonders like "Mr. Big" and "extreme" with meekaymo, and making up new drink recipes with Luis. ( The Cockelbaumer and the Salty Saldana will be patented some day). I interviewed with Kohl's ( yes, I know I hated working there in the past)....I really need to make some extra scratch. Dallas ain't cheap. Both interviews went well, but I don't know why they haven't called me back yet :( I used to get hired on the spot at my old retail jobs. Come on, retail is pretty mindless work, but it's a good opportunity to make friends and easy money.
Sigh, Colleen just walked in the living room, stared at me, and peed. That dog is so freaking old. Guess I have some cleaning to do.
So I'm happy to be in ATX...I think I have to leave early tomorrow because I forgot some medicine. Don't want to turn into a toad...or anything else fat and lumpy. I've been taking a lot of artsy-ish pictures, be sure to check the flickr. Mike also gave me an idea to write some memoirs. You know, things I usually don't talk about but might want to, a la David Sedaris. So I'm going to write 5 stories, a few funny, a few serious. Hopefully none revealing as, come on, my mom might read this. So be forewarned.
Enjoy your saturday

1 Comments:
ooh...stories! Bring it on! :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home