Thursday, June 22, 2006

20 Random Things on June 22nd.

1. Mildew can get embedded in hard water deposits in the shower and be impossible to remove. You can get mold remover and hard water deposit remover, use them together, and all that will happen is a lot of fizzing.
2. Guster came out with a new cd which is aparently amazing, but I wouldn't know because my computer is sucking so bad I can't even download anything, and I do not have a spare 15 dollars right now to buy the album.
3. The rotisserie chicken at Kroger is a little too dry, if you ask me. That reminds me of the rotisserie chicken inside joke. Ha. Good times.
4. 1 year ago I got the call saying I got the french teaching gig. I was realllly excited. I also bought " Songs for Silverman" by Ben Folds and some champagne that day. ( see http://youaskedsohereitis.blogspot.com/2005_06_19_youaskedsohereitis_archive.html )
Man, I better do something kickass this year on June 22 to compensate.
5. Matt and I both had bad dreams last night. In mine I got arrested for stealing wireless internet, and my dog pooped inside a corporate office. Matt dreamed his coworker was bipolar and casting spells on him.
6. I hate soap operas because the people in it have fabulous jobs supposedly, but you never see them work. The solution to any problem is to get married, and that it is vital to have a baby as soon as this wedding takes place.
7. A lot of people I know have gotten engaged recently. By "a lot" I mean like 4.
8. I'll be 24 in 3 months.
9. I have yet to find the best strategy for moving/transporting clothes. Some people say to just throw them in the car on the hanger. I used to take everything off and pack them in suitcases but that would take forever.
10. I'm debating whether or not to buy an expensive couch and keep it for a long time, or something economical that I can get rid of in 3 years . It stressed me out my new apartment won't have couches right away.
11. I watched " Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" last night at like 2 in the morning. That movie still makes me unbelievably sad.
12. I need something good to do for the 4th. Last year Matt and I were in San Antonio, floating ( more like being beat against the rocks ) on the Guadalupe. This was the weekend he officially asked me to be his girlfriend...and we had our first date last May. It's crazy it's been over a year now...
13. I really got into the Mavs game ( that they lost ) tuesday. It really was emotional, being there with so many people yelling at the screen. The finals were a lot of fun. It brought a lot of people together on summer nights...an excuse to drink on the week days.
14. I'm still having nightmares about bed bugs
15. I don't know how to play chess. I used to, but I forgot the rules and strategies. Matt bought a new set yesterday, because He is tired of me 0wNinG tha boggle game.
16. Jessie read a book called " The Mommy Myth". She actually came out with us on Tuesday, and Matt's bonehead friend asked her if she was happy in her marriage and with being a mom. Oy. I really admire her so much for staying sane for so long.
17. I really, really, really want some brownies right now. I hate that I have an emotional bond with food.
18. Some geese hissed at us on our 2 mile walk around the pond last week. They're all talk though. They ran away when we came closer.
19. I've never seen "Les Misérables". I know all the songs ( we sang "castle in the clouds" ) in 5th grade choir. It's playing at the Dallas Summer Musicals.
20. Can "Shanghai" be a verb? I think I heard someone on TV saying " Can I shanghai you into having a drink with me?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home