Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Pharmacy woes...

I don't know if I've mentioned before, but I'm allergic TO EVERYTHING, EVER. I'm pretty much taking the stupid claritin 24 hr everyday ( of which you have to sign away your life to buy because Uncle Sam thinks you're extracting the pseudoephedrine to cook meth. ) Seriously. The last time I bought this at walmart, I bought 1 box ( I was allowed 2 at a time ). You read a prompt on the computer screen and the pharmacy lady scanned my ID to make sure I hadn't bought boxes at other locations. I then had to sign a paper form and then the computer screen.

I also have this, which just sounds ugly and horrible. I have naturally dry skin but when it's as effin hot as it is now ( 100 degrees ), it feels like I'm allergic to the sun, my own sweat, everything. I'm basically miserable when I'm out of my medicine as I was today. So, for those of you who wonder why I'm not springing out of my chair to run outside with you, this is why.

So I went to CVS today to get a refill, hoping that I could just run in and out. Nope. They had to verify my crappy teacher's insurance and I had to pay outright and I'll get reimbursed later. While I was waiting I realized that working in a pharmacy has to be a crappy job for the most part. People get really anxious when it comes to dealing with their medicine. Especially old people. Do not fuck with old folks' prescriptions. The poor man in front of me paid about 180.00 for his huge sack of assorted pills. Sad. The girl who was working on filling mine had enough, and called for a replacement worker to come to the register. The name she called sounded familiar, and sure enough this dude ( read the 420 post) steps up. I say " hey..." and he rings up my prescription. Don't get me wrong, he's a nice guy, but HOW IN THE HELL DID HE GET A JOB IN A PHARMACY? That's like letting a fat kid work in a chocolate factory. Tests must be easy to beat.

Which reminds me, sigh, I have to take one friday. I got a call-back from Nelson. I'm sane enough to work with disturbed children. Yay! Don't get me wrong, theres no way I could possibly fail, heh, but um, I have issues with peeing in cups while supervised. I had to walk out on my last drug test because there was this big male nurse waiting for me on the other side of the stall door. I decided I didn't want the job that much.

So. I'm still bored. But! I found out that in addition to lovely Newark and NYC, I will be in Atlantic City on Father's Day. :-D I need to find dad something really thoughtful this year since he's letting me use his frequent flyer miles. I'm thinking a book on Texas Wine....or maybe just a gift card.

I'm sure many more a bored pointless post is on its way.

3 Comments:

At 9:53 PM , Blogger crystal said...

Strange. I have ezcema too. I finally broke down and went to a dermatologist a couple months back and I got some miracle drugs.

Allergies too, I feel your pain. All this dang cottonwood in Seattle is killing me--i think thats what it is.

I hope I'm not allergic to Peru. that would suck.

 
At 5:50 AM , Blogger lindsey. said...

Clearly the best solution is to drink beer all morning without using the washroom until it's pee test time!

 
At 7:52 AM , Blogger Twentysomething said...

what miracle drug? i want to take a pill or a shot, i'm tired of having to slather on protopic from head to toe.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home