I wish I could flag down a copy of "high fidelity" right now. That movie is pretty much the best break-up movie I've ever seen.
Everyone keeps saying " you're better off without him...that thing needed to die. that much argument is not normal. "
Right now, no. I am not better off without him. I can feel my empty dopamine receptors sighing in confusion. Love is a very physical thing; we're talkin brain chemicals. I'm in withdrawal. My heart sinks everytime I've passed his exit on the highway today. After wallowing this weekend I'll begin the process of putting away his pictures and doing stuff like changing my facebook status to single.
What happened? Eh, I don't really feel the need to write it all out. I honestly let him go before the break...that sunday I said I cried so much the salt dried out my face. I wanted to believe everything he said about things changing. I knew he deeply cared about me and god, the thought of him not being in my life anymore is even more heart-breaking. Things just didn't mesh. It was hard to say no to his sad pretty eyes, but I had to; or I knew my spirit and independence would be squashed forever.
Back to "High Fidelity". John Cusack in the movie quantifies everything into " Top Five, Top 10 lists". He talks about his Top 5 break-ups. My top 5 include: 2 phone break-ups, a break-up during " The Wedding Singer", one technical break-up over AIM, and two in the car. ( One in the parking lot of my old apartment, and now one in the middle of McCormick Street). The thing about these break ups; these people with which I've invested so much time and emotion, have taken little pieces me away with them and vice versa. It never hurts any less. My fear is, one day will I have nothing left to give? Right now the thought of being someone else makes me feel sick to the bottom of my stomach. I've had it.
But, thanks to the few people I've told or the people who've read ye olde blog and have been supportive. I always need distractions; in past experience not much good comes from me sitting around by myself being sad. I'll hang out with anyone who wants to have a good time. Err, a platonic good time. Not feelin the rebound hook-up. ( yet ;) )
Je suis kidding.

4 Comments:
i'm from india...land where dating is almost taboo..so here break-ups are really bad.it's like if u haven't end up marrying the guy your a slut.i don't know why i'm telling you the boring details of my homeland..but just wanted to tell you that it's just another break-up which will fade away with time
If we're exchanging tales of top break-ups, my most irritating one was over 6 years ago. I called my ex one night to talk , ('cos up until that point, I had no idea what was coming), and he proceeded to pretend that he had broken up with me days ago. He even had the audacity to be angry because he allegedly told me never to call again.
Even if I can now look back and laugh about it, I remember that it was tough getting to where I am now.
Take care of yourself.
Eek! That's awful. You're in a better place though, now, right?
Yes, much better!
I hope that you're well and I think that going out and doing things is an excellent idea.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home