i don't heart sushi
I went to this new place with Mayumi we've wanted to try called " I <3 sushi". It was dollar sake night too, so we thought that would be worth it at least. I've had california rolls before and liked them OK, ( they had come from Central Market -- froo froo grocery store in Texas ), so I thought that surely a restaurant's sushi would be yumtastic.
The first bite was ok; May showed me how to mix the wasabi in with the soy sauce. ( OHHH! So that's what it's for. ) After 3 bites of spicy tuna and california rolls, my stomach felt kind of bleh and my mouth felt itchy like I had just eaten cotton. I think I can now add avacado as another thing I'm kind of allergic to too; I noticed the same thing when I was eating guacamole a few days ago. I had miso soup, also...which I thought tasted like hot dog. It looked like the water that hot dogs would be cooked in as well, so I had to stop eating it even though it wasn't that bad. Then there was edamame; this time I didn't eat the pod, lol. I had about 8 rolls and was full, but not 'satisfied' full.
The sake was weird. It was piping hot and tasted much different than what I had before. I was so disappointed...all the dishes are cute and small, so I really wanted to enjoy this.
So of what I've had of Asian food, this is the order of which I like:
1. THAI FOOD
2. Chinese
3. Korean ( bulgogi bbq)
4. Japanese
So of course I get hungry again after working out....I broke down and bought some peach chardonnay arbor mist and sun chips from the gas station. Arbor Mist just screams " I'm a lame-ass teacher with no life going home to get tanked in front of the TV". Matt's at the library reading about why people cheat for his marriage counseling class.
Dude. I know why people cheat.
But I haven't written a book ( yet ), so I guess my opinion doesn't count.
Oh, Nelson Center interview tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!


1 Comments:
you should write a book on dallas restaurants.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home