Ok I have something better to blog about. I bought the new guster album, " ganging up on the sun". I have an mp3 player that holds 40 gigs, but I still prefer cd's. An mp3 doesn't have really cool album art and you don't get to rip the plastic off and see that fresh new disc.
3 years ago almost exactly I bought "keep it together", and it stayed in my cd player pretty much for the next 2 years after that. The music's relatively simple, but just so so good. You know how most albums it may take a few listens to get into it, to feel that emotional bond with a song? For me, "keep it together" was love at first listen. Again, don't know why...this guster album just came along at an appropriate time in my life.
" ganging up on the sun" is the exact same way. I sat in the parking lot at Target and pretty much listened to the whole album. Lightning Rod, Satellite, and Manifest Destiny I listened to twice as soon as I heard them. Empire State is like the sister song to " Come Downstairs and Say Hello". On some of the songs I can hear a Ben Folds influence, probably bc they toured together a year or 2 ago.
Gah, I'm so happy. Good, new music is like new love. This will be rockin' ( or sweetly serenading ) Igby the Ion's speakers for a long time.
And I bought Suzi some really cool birthday/engagement gifts to send to her, which include, but are not limited to, an apron with lobsters on it. Cheers!

1 Comments:
it's sooooo good.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home