Friday, June 23, 2006

I'm having a lot of trouble kickin' it into high gear today; I got paid early so that means I'm moving out for good tomorrow. I'm packed but this bathroom cleaning is kicking my ass...I will have to resort to scrubbing the grout with an old toothbrush.

I just have an overwhelming sense of uneasiness. I'm stressed about being able to afford everything I need for this new place, the stress of having everything you own in boxes, continuing the process of working on Matt and I's relationship ( always being mindful of what I say and do, and praising him when he does something to make me happy, which is often! ), school's still calling me because the electronic grade book went to shit ( and this is my fault why??), etc. I know I'll get settled soon but ya know.

I babysat Aidan yesterday for an hour, and that was the best behaved I'd seen him. I know it's because I gave him constant attention, but he was adorable. We jammed out to sessame street karaoke and he showed me each one of his toys and their function. The kid is pretty good at communication without talking...."give me snacks" = walking up to the high chair, banging on it and pointing.

I think i'm going to be without internet for at least a week in the new apartment. I'll be setting up and probably looking for a part-time retail job in Plano/Frisco all next week. I'll be back in Denton Thurs-Sun as negotiated by the new long-distance thing. My farewell dinner's tonight at Outback. I already know I want grilled atlantic salmon with garlic mashed potatoes, a salad with vinaigrette, a lolly sour martini, and a bloomin' onion.

cause that's how i roll.

1 Comments:

At 10:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck to you with the new start. And a week without internet may be good...I was thinking the other day that for me, that could actually be a blessing. Anyway, in short, goodluck.

And I've found that I DO miss Denton...but the good thing is, DFW is close enough that we can always go back...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home