Saturday, July 01, 2006

Just as I thought, there weren't any stores in Denton that sold duck right now. I could have driven to Central Market because I barely left Matt's apartment today while he worked his double shift, but I decided I didn't want to have duck anyway. I don't like duck, it's Matt who loves duck. And while I love to make him happy, I decided that even if I got the duck, I would probably have to throw up in the sink a few times performing the tasks the recipe called for, like removing the neck and gizzards, putting the duck in the oven feet first, and pricking the skin and spooning off fat. Ducks are all dark meat, very fatty. French people eat duck out the wazoo.

I made an apricot szechuan sauce for beef, instead. I went a little overboard; I like making my own marinades when I have the time. I mixed soy sauce, white wine vinegar, apricot preserves, szechuan spice, hoisin sauce, and some other crap...I can't remember. It was good, but I think I cooked it a little too long. Still, I feel good having actually cooked a whole meal of food. This is a rare occasion.

So I have a lot of time on my hands...was supposed to see Jess but she went to her friends' Muslim wedding/dinner/party in Plano. So I decorated my myspace page. I feel like a loser saying "look at me!", but it's fun.

Time for movies and pj's.

2 Comments:

At 10:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say you guys compromise and pick a dish you BOTH like.

 
At 11:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh...a full meal! I'm impressed! I should see you for cooking lessons! ;) Hope this finds you doing well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home