Thursday, August 24, 2006

When I feel down about where I'm going in life, like " why aren't I where I want to be yet?", I get on the internet and start planning. I get out a note pad and start looking at grad school requirements, GRE test dates, programs, down to the classes I would take and what time. Yesterday I even searched google maps to see which college would be closest to my school in case I had to go to night classes and work at the same time.

And yes, I also try to hopelessly ballance my check book, look at other apartments and with much eye-rollage, look at churches, wedding dresses, and honey moon destinations.

Life doesn't guarantee anything, but it always makes me feel a little better to come up with plans. I've gotten used to them not happening exactly the way I construct them, and that's ok. I prefer it that way...makes things interesting. It's hard to just feel like you're hanging though. 24 will be a weird year. It is a non-celebratory birthday. Like 19....nothing really special about it. 23 was cool because it was my first birthday as a college graduate with a real job. 24, meh.

2 Comments:

At 1:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

huh? did i miss you getting engaged?

 
At 3:01 PM , Blogger Twentysomething said...

not yet. i'll let you know, with not much subtlety.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home