Tuesday, October 31, 2006

what makes sarah say the f-word?

when wendy's forgets to put the sessame dressing in the salad bag. BOOO!

Bon Toussaint. Happy Halloween. I'm going to drink beer at The Londoner with Julie instead of answer the door for trick or treaters.

I have been getting together information for my grad school apps. This whole process is making me very anxious. Looking back at my UNT grades....man, I could have done just a little better. I've been talking about getting my masters for years. I think an underlying reason that I've delayed applying for 2 years, is I'm afraid of getting rejected. I hate being scrutinized. In some classes I worked really, really hard to make B's. In some I slept through and made A's. In a few, I praised the lord for a C. So, I wonder if I'll make these minimum requirements...or if I do get in, would I even be able to maintain the GPA needed to graduate, usually a 3.0-3.5.

I think about well, why do I want to get my masters' anyway? The reasons I came up with, in no paticular order were:
1) the prestige of being the only one in my family with a post-grad degree
2) higher paying jobs
3) not having 80 bosses, maybe just 1.
4) more opportunities
5) applying the principles of psyc that I actually care about to the real world

Plan B is, sell everything I own on Ebay and join a commune. Or the other end of the spectrum, marry an investment banker and collect shoes.

I don't see myself teaching forever. :( Not even in the next 5 years...

I hate how a lot of my peers make it seem like it's the easiest thing in the world to get into a graduate program. I have to get 3 letters of recommendation, write an essay, make above a combined score of 1000 on the gre's ( yeah, i should have taken that by now....im really worried i'll screw that up....) curriculum vitae, etc etc. Maybe I'm just lazy. This is a big deal to me though.

I know this is boring...it's just what's been in my head today. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home