Monday, October 23, 2006

Monday night can't sleep yet....I'm drinking pyramid apricot ale, my beer of choice.

I got introduced to pyramid through Frank Prizzle's roommate James' friend Ben in that 'lost year', senior year of college. I had the biggest crush in the world on Ben. He was from Seattle, played jazz sax, and would get really baked and improv. It was like buttah. I felt so privelaged to know such interesting people; music and art-y types. In another life, I will be in a band...or something like that. Anyway, Ben had a beautifully soft curly 'Jew Fro', and he'd always show up at the bars 15 minutes til close. We barely knew each other, but he'd give me a big hug and I'd burry my face in his hair and give it a lucky tug. One night, after David and I had ended our whole thing, we were at someone's house and I don't remember much...but I stayed the night at his apartment because it was close to campus. Odd because again, not many words had been exchanged between the two of us. And before you, reader, start to get all huffy, NOTHING HAPPENED. And that is why I'll always remember Ben. He showed me pictures of his home in Seattle, all the pines with snow on them. He talked about how he missed it so much. He turned on radiohead and jeff buckley and we fell asleep in his bed...spooned together but not exchanging so much as a hug or kiss. I woke up disoriented at about 4 am to him rubbing my feet with his own. It was so sweet. 2 hours later I stumbled to my partnership abuse class, and threw up in the GAB bathroom, vowing never to drink on a school night again. After that nothing changed we'd still see each other around and he'd hug me and I'd smell his soft pretty hair and that was it. Then he moved back to Washington because Texas was just one big distraction for him...I'll always wonder about crazy Ben whom I barely knew.

The point of this story was....I like pyramid apricot because it reminds me of good times and good people.

The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home