Thursday, October 19, 2006

Not much is new; just once again coasting through the week with the help of nyquil, arbor mist, maple lattes, and good tv.

Today I agreed to dress up like a football player for the homecoming pep rally...just so I wouldn't have to teach 2nd and 3rd period. My high school former self would have kicked my present self's ass because this goes against everything I used to believe in. I had fun though. My helmet kept falling off, and the tight pants were pretty scandalous. The whole uniform smelled like a gym sock. It was pretty gross. We had to do a dance...the male teachers were cheerleaders and they did flips and stuff. I've broken down the weeks and planned all my lessons til Thanksgiving break. The good thing about this being my last year at this school is, I can pretty much teach what I want. I pretty much shelved the crappy " Discover French!" books, and have been getting stuff off the internet. I am reinforcing our parts of the body vocabulary by reading " The Bon-bon" by Robert Desnos. Which is cool, because I get to talk about surrealist poetry and art, and tell them what a zeitgeist is.

What I've noticed is, no matter how much crap these kids give me, if I'm really fired up about something, they get fired up too. At least for 15 minutes. I'm like Jim at the Dunder Mifflin Office Olympics. " When Jim gets excited about something, he's really good and creative...but unfortunately he works here. So that never happens."

The Office is the best show, ever. The characters are so complex and real. Pam is my friend on myspace, which trips me out. I want to message her and tell her that she should take the design classes and do something besides be a receptionist.

The cable guy comes tomorrow, so, I'll have wireless in the apartemento, finally. This was my birthday gift from Matt. It'll be nice.

The wind is cold alright back in Dallas, the neon lights from the buildings let you know you're home....( I wish my Ben Kweller cd wasn't stolen....) I think I'll go to the fair this weekend. Probably alone, if Jessie can't make it. Because after all, I'm cool with doing stuff by myself now.

Such is the way of the Sarah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home