What I've started doing before 7th period ( my worst class ) is, blast Muses' " Knights of Sedonia" on headphones to get pumped. " NO ONES GONNA TAKE ME ALIVE...YOU AND I MUST FIGHT TO SURVIVE..." I preach to that class with gusto with a fist full of detention slips in one hand and an expo marker in the other. This is called the "Tyrant" method. I am aware this is one of the worst teaching methods, but compromise, "love and logic", nor the "stand-over-their-desk-til-they-stop-running-their-mouth" method doesn't work eitehr. And, being a semi-tyrant is better than the "apathy" or " paddle-to-the-ass" method.
I would like to state that my birthday wasn't as awful as I made it seem. Everyone who knows me knows that I am overly dramatic. It was pretty good, I mean, I had cake. I haven't had a real birthday cake in years. Thank you Amy S for that sweet e-mail, it will be so great when you're in Dallas.
My car did get broken into per se, no windows broken, somoene just jimmied the lock and stole my new dell printer and my cds. ( I keep my faves with me at all times though, so those are safe.) Am super paranoid about leaving stuff in the car now. And the getting locked out of the apartment stuff....well, alcohol fueled whatever. No more of that.
We had parent conferences today, and I always get kinda intimidated talking to them...but I've got to get used to it if I'm going to be a diagnostician. Anyway, it only gets uncomfortable when the parent starts chewing out their kid in front of me. " STOP RUNNING YOUR DAMN MOUTH! YOU CANT COME BACK FROM A 0!" I always interrupt their rant and say something like " for what it's worth, Little Jimmy is very helpful and nice to his classmates." I think that softens the blow. I mean, how humiliating -- no matter how much of a turd you are in my class. Grr!
Another reason I like " The Office" so much, is those little funny quirks can be applied to any work situation. Teachers, for example, love to gossip. I hate it. I'm the only one who's not married ( except the questionable gay dude...). Even the one teacher younger than me, is married. I guess it's the teacher way....but lord, no lives...have to gossip. I try to avoid it but it's everywhere. Lots of unhappy campers. La la la, I've already said too much.
* cough, rats jumping off a sinking ship, cough*
I'm really liking the pink m&m's that are out for breast cancer awareness. They made perfect party favors, for the people who were sober enough to be able to consume them, ahem.
So I just need to coast on through thursday and friday and maybe I'll be able to get some sleep.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home