Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Well, I felt too thieving and stalker-y borrowing internet signals from my neighbors in the parking lot, so I broke down and bought a stupid t-mobile card. So here I am being a tool ( if girls can be tools ), in Starbucks sucking down my caramel macchiato. Don't worry, I'll kick my own ass.

One of the pieces of advice Mikeymo gave me was to spend time with myself. As in, take myself out on a date. I was kind of feeling sorry for myself because it's been an action-packed week sans Matt nor any other fun companions ( waiting for Suzi to get here Friday ), so I thought tonight would be date night for one. I went to chaat cafe by myself and got a tandoori wrap, then drove around to check out the new wing of the galleria. It's really pretty..then I remembered it was a mall so I moved on.

Which brings me to here, starbucks, feeding my addiction to lightening fast information. I'm reminiscing with old friends about house parties. That's something I do miss. House party season was at its peak in fall. The best were the ones in people's backyards wiht cheap kegs that tasted awesome, just because you were getting beer in someone's back yard. I loved meeting new people and having the most bizarre things in common. A little part of me is sad that I've probably seen my last house party, complete with keg.

I feel like a good teacher, as I've given my kids a really good extra credit op that they're actually doing. I watched Marie Antoinette on PBS because honestly I didn't know that much about her. I didn't know that she was Austrian. I didn't know that she was forced to get married at 15 and told she must bear the male heir ASAP after she got married. She gambled, spent tons of money, and goofed off. I told my students to watch the movie on PBS and to write a paper comparing her life to that of young hollwood starletts, pop stars, etc. I've had 3 papers turned in so far.

My butt's asleep from sitting too long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home