Here are some reasons why the pound-shedding has proved difficult:
1. Berryhill Baja Grill . I didn't think this place would be good because I don't typically trust Mexican restaurants with American names. But this place is awesome...great happy hour 2.00 margaritas, CHEAP! food ( nothing over 10.00 ) and it's really, really tasty. The salsa is also probably in my top 5 favorite restaurant salsas. ( #1 being Luna de Noche, #2, Cantina Laredo, #3 Papasitos, #4 Uncle Julios ).
2. Pasand. I went here with my lovely brown friend Julie who didn't really know what to recommend. The Hindi waitor looked at her like she was a traitor when she said she didn't like spicy food. I've had better Indian food, but this place is good because they have a "first timer's special" for 12.95 that's like a 4 course meal with soup, 2 half-sized entrees, kormas ( deep fried veggies with curry or yogurt sauce yummy! ), and a ball of deep fried dough drenched in honey called like, jub gullub. ( Julie and I dubbed it jub-jub. ) When Matt didn't eat his I yelled " JUST EAT THE DAMN JUB-JUB !) and scared a few unsuspecting Indian families.
3. Marco Polo Rotisserie in Frisco. This is basically a Peruvian restaurant. The chicken was pretty dry, but it comes with spicy green ahi sauce, and something they just called " yellow sauce" which Matt's mom makes to put on potatoes usually. The sauce made the chicken more edible. What's unique about this place is you can buy a liter of the strange yellow "Inca Kola", which smells like bubble gum and tastes like diet mountain dew. We got plantanes too, but Matt said they weren't what they were supposed to taste like. They could have used some butter and sugar....bananas are supposed to be sweet.
4. Good ol' Cheesecake Factory. I haven't had anything there I don't like. Too bad it's so damn expensive. Last night I had New Oreleans Pasta with chicken and Matt had Jamaican Jerk Shrimp. We shared apple streussel cheese cake. Ok, I ate the whole thing by myself. So what. Moving on.
5. Annnnnd Pei Wei. I'm waiting for the day I get tired of PW spicy chicken and wonton soup, but I haven't yet. It's across the street from my apartment and I eat there once a week. Yum.
I need to slow down...I've been cooking a lot more this week. Poor Matt got some horrible freak skin infection that could have turned into staph, so he's at his parent's. We're all collaboratively making dinner tonight...I'm making lemon bars out of the box. I'm starting to feel sick myself, so I took some of that airborne alka seltzer crap that's supposed to kill the cold germs. Last year I would have revelled in my sickness and hit up the sub finder system for my class, but it's quite aparent that this year's subs are all alcoholics and lazy idiots. Trying to think positively...this week is the guster concert woohoo!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home