Tuesday, August 29, 2006

This weekend, I'm going out of town to see my dad and retrieve my birthday present, a month in advance...a new computer. I shall call it the "Lappy 2000", like Strongbad did back when everyone used to watch homestar runner cartoons. ( I still play 'trogdor' when I need a lift of spirits). My dinosaur laptop at work sucks, and everything remotely interesting is blocked. I think theyve also installed some sort of program the logs all the websites you go to, so paranoia keeps me from going anywhere more risqué than msn.com.

I wrote the following to myself in an e-mail from school Monday when I was missing blogger. If it seems choppy, it's because I had ISS ( in school suspension ) duty, and I had to stop several times to catch the boys who were trying to take advantage of whom they thought was a young, airheaded pushover. They messed with the wrong French teacher.

"well, it finally rained and when it rains, it pours. It's completely dark and muggy and drenched. One of my students in first period had his head down and I marched over to his seat ready to pound on his desk when I remembered he was one of the Katrina kids...and here it is, the one year aniversary. It's like God made it rain as a reminder. For all the others, the rain has made them snappy and energized when it does the opposite to me. I want to be in my bed with a book.

Julie's birthday went well, we all met up at Monica's in Deep Ellum for yummy food and salsa dancing. It was small, the food was good ( but didn't live up to its claim as THE BEST MEXICAN FOOD IN DALLAS ). I had a pasta verde dish with grilled chicken smothered in green salsa with jalepeno noodles mixed with pico, corn, and black beans. My mouth watered when I saw it on the menu, and it was pretty dang good. However, I had also had 2 margaritas on-the-rocks by the time the good came, and margaritas make anything taste good. I give the meal a 7 out of 10. Julie insisted on going to Club Europa, a place where the cop to patron ratio was about 1 to 5. Really, it was intimidating . The music was typical techno remixes of like " Grillz", " Miss New Booty", and so on and so on and so on. They also played a lot of crap that I haven't heard since like, senior prom. Good drink specials, and photo ops in the cage. Booties were shaken, and a good time was had by all. The light-up planets all over the ceiling were a nice touch.

I bought my couch from IKEA this weekend, and it will show up at my apartment thursday. I can't wait.

I'm a butternut blonde again, I dyed my hair...it looks red. I dig being a redhead."


That's all I got. The weather is finally 70s and 80s, bring on September.

squeeky swings and tall grass
the longest summer ever passed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home