I had 2 dreams last night, in between my 12 hours of glorious sleep.
In one I was in a resort buffet-style restaurant with my family. The resort must have been on the moon, because you were able to float from station to station. I got every kind of food imaginable, would find a table, and then forget something like soy sauce or a fork. I would come back and my tray would have been cleared. ( this happens to me sometimes when I get up at Chinese buffets. ) I ended up getting 5 plates of food and not being able to eat any of it. I don't know what the floating was about.
The dream that stuck with me was, I moved home and remodeled the upstairs of my mom's house. I put in pergo "faux-wood" floors and painted the walls of my old bedroom beige and put up Ansel Adams black-and-white prints of trees. When you looked out the windows, you could still see fields and trees, not the high school that is now across the street, nor the new cookie-cutter housing development; just like how it was when we first moved there when I was 13.
My old bedroom had "dormer windows". Those are the windows that are smallish and protrude from the second floor, usually there's a bulit-in desk on the inside to compensate for the space. I would sit on my desk and watch it rain, watch the trees.
My mom, for whatever reason, has basically turned our upstairs ( since no one lives there now), into a shelter for battered women. Ok, that's overexaggerating. She let the birth mother of my step-aunt's baby stay there while she was pregnant so they could make sure she wasn't drinking or smoking, and going to the doctor and eating the right things. She laid around all day while her other kids um, destroyed my former room. My step dad had to replace a window and a ceiling fan. The baby was born healthy...even though we found out that the birth mom was hiding a secret meth habit, probably bringing meth into our home when my mom was at work. So, you think my mom would have learned her lesson....
Right now my step dad's niece is living iny old room....pregnant with her _7th_ baby at age 28. Her husband was beating her, and that's sad, but come the fuck on. She shrugged and giggled to my mom that no one ever taught her to close her legs. And once again, my mom calls me run out of her own house driving around somewhere in Louisiana, because bless her charitable heart, someone has once again taken advantage of her and overstayed their welcome. Their water bill was over 300 dollars from doing the laundry of 3 adults and 7 children.
I can't believe they can fit 10 people and 1 dog in a 4 bedroom house. I'm all for helping people out, but some losers are just losers and will always be losers.
ANYHIZZLE. What I was thinking, that would be a nice thing...to actually do what I did in my dream; paint the upstairs and make it look nice again. I have been meaning to take all my old high school crap off the walls anyway, ( I don't like Matt Damon anymore and I cringe everytime I see my dusty home coming mums.) It would give me something to do over thanksgiving and christmas break besides drink. I like painting, I just haven't had the opportunity to in years. So maybe, she would think twice about whom to let stay free-of-charge in her house.
Just a thought.

1 Comments:
damn! I sort of skimmed this entry at first and thought the whole thing was about your dreams. I thought to myself, "wow, that is a pretty crazy dream". Then, I read it again, and realized that it's mostly real-life.
Hope things get less surreal.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home