Monday, October 23, 2006

A fair is a veritable smorgasbord orgasbord orgasbord
After the crowds have ceased
Each night when the lights go out
It can be found on the ground all around
Oh, what a ratly feast!
a rat can glut, glut, glut, glut
--- Templeton, "Charlotte's Web"

So I made it back from the fair without my pants busting open. It was really cold! Got tons of cute pictures of the baby, Big Tex, and one of an 800 lb pig pulling a wagon. Fair food= crack prices. My coveted turkey leg? 14 coupons, or 7 bucks. Funnel cake with strawberry topping? 10 coupons or 5 bucks. Crazy! All and all, I give the food and festivities a 7. I hadn't been since middle school, so it was nice and nostalgic. My mom used to ooh and ahh over all the quilts and row upon row of canned jelly and relishes. I never understood that.

I will definitely survive through this semester. I've broken up the days and weeks til Thanksgiving and Xmas. 19 days til our week Tday break, then 3 weeks after that til Christmas break. I only need to cover -ER verbs, food vocab, culture week, and final exam review. Yeah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home