Sunday, November 05, 2006

Ok, you know me, I'm rarely political. I do have opinions ( and I am voting on Tuesday ), but I find political blogs rather boring. Cheers to those who are passionate enough in the way things are run to speak out about it.

Anyway, my one high-horse rant today ( you won't see another for a long time )....
So Saddam Hussein got death by hanging. Yes I know he did things comparable or worse than Hitler. Yes, I know he needs severe, severe punishment. But hanging? What is this, 1865?

All this will do is sensationalize the whole thing and for his supporters, he will become even more of a martyr for the Sunni cause in his Braveheart-like death. If the US has the reigns over there, why don't they just step in and say " lethal injection"....and let people pay 20.00 bucks to spit on his body? I just have visions of officials "accidentally" losing track of the remains only to find them later in a million pieces in the streets of Baghdad. Something also tells me that the government OK-ed hanging to make this as much of a public spectacle as possible...to have great clips of rejoicing Iraqis for propaganda on American TV just in time for....the elections! Well, at least the sentencing. I don't know when the hanging will actually be carried out. Republicans will say " See what we've done!!" Ugh.

Anyway. That's just what I think about that.

1 Comments:

At 9:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Iraq, not America ...he could have been sentenced to death by stoning. They still do that in Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. (I learned that from a special Halloween episode of the History Channel’s “Modern Marvels” about killing devices). :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home