William Styron died today. I wrote my extended essay comparing Lie Down in Darkness to J.D. Salinger's Franny and Zooey and Nine Stories. I love a good downer book.
I sat around and waited for a parent to show up for a conference that she herself insisted on having...and she never came. I wasn't mad, I was just sad. As angry as I get at my students for being animals in class, I feel great pity after seeing the behavior of some of these parents...
...it's amazing that some of these kids can walk, talk ( sometimes that is questionable ), or use the toilet. Because all those things take time and effort to teach.
Gah. Anyway...I need to work on leaving work at work. The Office is on tonight...and I'm going to drink some margaritas and chow on some chips at uncle julio's with a teacher friend.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home