Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Story.

So boredom has officially set in, and all my friends either have to work tomorrow, are out of town, or are moving (Matt). Breakfast at Tiffany's came on so I decided to watch that. Did you know that Truman Capote wrote the novel version? I didn't. Holly Golightly is a huge lush, in that glamorous 60's sort of way. It made me want to wear false eyelashes or drink champagne. I decided drinking may be more fun. I live in a part of Dallas which is dry until you go south to Addison.The closest beer store is across the tollway...in West Plano. WPlano is where all the hoity-toity "I'm-kind-of-a-big-deal" people live. Like Mikeymo. I get to the store and decide against champagne....had too much wine at christmas....I want beer but not a whole 6 pack. I'm looking at the 40's behind the glass door when a bum cuts in front of me and grabs 2 bottles of bud ice. The man knew what he liked...and he wanted a lot of it. Well, that kind of freaked me out and 40 oz of any liquid is excessive, so I decided on a new product called "smirnoff source" which says " pure spring water +alcohol". I just liked the pretty bottle. So, I pay and walk back to my car and there's the same bum who walked out with his 40's in paper bags....and he says " HEY pretty lady, could you spare some change for a beer?" I tell the bum I don't carry cash which is true right now. Wasn't the 80 oz of beer enough for a night? Man, alcoholism is powerful.

And even still, bums in Plano? What is the world coming to? I made up a scenario in my head on the way home in my head....like maybe he was an executive at EDS and slowly stopped coming to work, got fired, lived off his savings for a few years. He then lost his family....his home....started living out of hotels...then his car...sold everything he owned. Then suddenly, he finds himself in the parking lot at Saks or Macy's off Park and the Tollway swiping from the salvation army bucket. Finally, ending up outside the beer store, begging for as much beer as he can consume while conscious. Plano po'.

I know I'll never be an alcoholic. ( And I know step 1 is denial ). But I hate being sick-drunk. I never get drunk on purpose anymore. But yeah anyway, this movie's pretty good. It wouldnt even matter though, because IM NOT AT WORK :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home