Welp, the GRE's are TOMORROW!
And, I did exactly what my book told me not to do...cram towards the end. I was SUPPOSED to have this regimented schedule of drills and shit, but I'm not that motivated.
Yet I think I've expanded my vocabulary by 800% in the last 4 days.
I'm not one to be pedantic, nor do I really consider myself to be trenchant. I strongly aver that this esoteric study guide is so soporific that many times I shirked my quotidian duties of studying to sleep! Yet, I remain an intrepid neophyte in etymological pursuits.
So I'm taking off work tomorrow for this 4 hour test. I threatened my students with death if theyre awful for the sub. ( actually, I just won't make crepes for their class if they're one of the offenders.) I have a full house for detention on monday...I gave in and called parents. Usually I just e-mail, but I've had it. I called these people and interrupted their work days. And they were pissed, hell-bent on ripping into their kids when they get home.
The only thing is, some of my students probably do get beaten in actuality. So, it's a catch 22. After 5 months of hell though, my compassion has worn very thin.
Alright. Wish me luck tomorrow.

1 Comments:
Good luck, Sarah. I remember how scary the uncertainty of applying for seminary was. Please know I am praying. Trust Him. He's got you in His hands. Even if it doesn't always feel like it.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home