Sunday, January 14, 2007

The ice storm.

After I got back to Matt's after taking the GRE at UNT, I slept 4 hours and awoke to everything outside frozen over. Sooo, there was no going home and no going out. Matt got home from work and we couch lounged and watched the movie that his roommate had rented, "urban cowboy". I think most people have probably already seen this but umm, wow. Words cannot describe the cheesiness. The premise of the movie is John Travolta goes to a bar every night, meets his wife, buys her a trailor, and loses her to a smarmy "real" cowboy in a mesh shirt who can ride a mechanical bull. John Travolta has to train to beat the real cowboy in the fake bull-riding rodeo to win his wife back. Funny, because my mom grew up around there ( Pasadena, TX/Houston) during that time, and she nor her friends even liked country. In fact, they called people who did like it "shit kickers". And Pasadena itself....nasty chemical waste dump. Anyway. The four of us decided to have a game night because the weather was getting worse. Except with Matt and Cruz, you can't just play a normal game. We decided on monopoly, but Cruz bought 4 bottles of MD 20/20, of bumwine fame, because we couldn't make it out of city limits to get to the liquor store. Every time you landed on someone else's property, you had to take a shot of the vile stuff. Every time you went to jail...everytime you had to pay any fine. I was drunk in oh, 10 minutes, and not a fun, happy-time drunk. I think I passed out right after I landed on other-Sarah's hotel on Park Place, and I woke up with my head between my knees for balance.I think the MD in MD 20/20 stands for " mucho drunko". Blehhhhhhh.

And today, it's just as bad outside. Talk about a wasted weekend. :(

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:35 PM , Blogger brint said...

The ice wasn't real! It never dropped below 34 around here... and today I drove to Addison to meet a friend.

I think it was a media conspiracy to keep everyone trapped in doors for the weekend... watching bad movies.

 
At 8:24 AM , Blogger Twentysomething said...

it was real in denton.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home