wow, it's official -- I've been so lazy this week I don't need to sleep. My body's like " well, way to exert yourself, couchie mcgee...i'm going to stay conscious so maybe you can DO something in these hours?"
I'm doing the typical insomnia thing, crappy TV, computer in the dark, peanut butter sandwich. It's 4:34 a.
A week ago I was invited to a 5-year high school reunion at Dave & Buster's. At first I was really excited and thought " how fun! partying with my senior class whom I haven't seen in forever!" And then of course, I realized that the people I really wanted to see...I've kept in touch with. Or, I've facebooked them and secretly read about the nuances of their lives. There was no need to go to an event where I talk about my piddly life over pina coladas and skeeball...not to cut down the people who went. If I'm still alive and in the US, I will definitely go to the official 10-year. Anyway, curiosity got the best of me and for the past few hours I finally looked up senior classmates on myspace. I didn't know half of them, first and foremost, and damn...a LOT of people have kids. Not just little babies, either; 2-6 year olds. That's insane.
Or maybe I'm insane...livin' hard in my best years (?). I played a lot of "life" in my younger years ( you know...the game ). I would pick out my pink car and would "graduate" high school, and with a spin of the wheel you either went the college road, or the job road. The job road had the marriage pitfall and the baby pitfalls much sooner. I liked filling my plastic car with people so I liked going that route. It seemed that on the college road I always bypassed the husband and kids. And even if I ended up in the big fancy retirement home at the end, I would always be kind of disappointed that my car was empty. I don't know where I got that mindset from. My mom was a young mom, but she did everything pretty much right; college, husband, kids. It's hard to get rid of that feeling when I see wedding magazines or hold babies. What the fuck is that? Is it really a biological clock? Someone unplug it and let me live dammit!
Oh, and the Greg Behrendt show is really stupid.
Labels: life

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home