Oh bloggy blog, I missed you and could not go more than a week not posting in you.
Winter depression is setting in, and I've tried to fight it by searching for new fulfilling activities. This past week or so I have:
- started after-school tutorials, in which I realized that I was just needed to be a warm body in the computer lab, so to pass the time I started reading...
- Jane Eyre. It's alright...I'm reading it because I never did in high school, and it's free online. Check out that site if you get a chance and are as bored as I am. There's lots of classics listed. The book is making me talk in flowery language, which sounds attrocious, I fret. ( see?)
- bought way too many spices at whole foods in hopes that I would start cooking instead of getting take-out almost every night
- started a new workout that leaves me sore and seemingly tenderized every time I do it. No results yet, though.
- Fell in love with Banana Leaf even though I'm supposed to be cooking at home.
-Baked some quiches for my classes because they actually were slightly better behaved this week.
- babysat Ian and watched him build legos, and confess to me that when Emily babysat him, he caught her and her boyfriend 'doing it' and thus was traumatized. Now, the kid is 8 and I remember what 8 is like...it's when the pervy age starts so his imagination might have gotten carried away. Still, wtf.
This weekend I'm planning on building a walmart or ikea bookshelf and FINALLY seeing bodyworlds with Matt, whom I miss terribly after not seeing for a week. We're only 30 minutes apart but it's so much more...
The littlest things make me realize how I much I need him around. I forget things at the grocery store. The bed stays unmade. I can't decide what to watch on TV and all the time I find myself all dressed up with nowhere to go. I'm not good with "logic" or patience, and I'll be the first to admit now that I'm jealous that Matt chose to live with a stupid boy instead of me. Everyone tells me to enjoy it. The day after day after day of being alone counting days before the weekend. Oh well. This is what I have to deal with...at least for the next 5 months, or until he's done with school. ( Which ironically, is when I'll start back ).
Needless to say, I haven't found anything as fulfilling as having my snugglebaby close to me.
That's right. I'm going to make this so sappy you won't want to read anymore :)
Labels: ourstory

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home