Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I have to say, I know I'm usually Debbie Downer, but compared to maybe this time last year, I feel snappy happy right now. I have a calming peace at work knowing that I have 22 (!!) days left in a toxic situation. I've relaxed a lot and have told my students that since now that we're watching a lot of french films and discussing them, writing papers, etc., that it is a PRIVELAGE to be in my class. And if you act a fool, ima send yo butt out. And on the 3rd day I didn't have to kick anyone out. Oh wait, this one 11th grade drill team b*tch, but she and I have always butted heads. She threatened me when I wouldn't pass her last week....and today she threw her project in my face and said " fuck you bitch you ain't givin me no 20!" It was a piece of notebook paper and she was supposed to illustrate what the verb "appeler" (to call) meant, and conjugate it. She had 'appeler': to talk, and conjugated "parler" ( which happened to be the verb on my example project. HMM ) I'm gleefully happy that situations like these don't phase me anymore! I can cock my head to the side and calmly say " Get out of my classroom, please; you don't deserve to be here today."

And I must say, I really like weight watchers! It IS easy to follow. You eat so much...of whatever you want, as long as you stay within points. Their branded frozen food and snacks while expensive, don't taste like diet food.

Matt and I have gotten into "heroes" ( mostly Matt; he stayed up all night catching up on episdoes). It is really good. I started watching "the Riches" with Eddie Izzard ( actually dressed like a man! ) and Minnie Driver. It's really dark but intriguing; has the same kind of tone as like 6 feet under. I LOVE Eddie Izzard...but it's so strange seeing him in a dramatic role and speaking with an American accent. You can tell he struggles with it. Check out his comedy bits on youtube.

I also ordered myself 3 books on amazon for like 2 bucks a piece plus shipping. Score. I'm still being rather antisocial so being a bookworm will be the final nail in the coffin of my raging former social life. Ehh, it was time. I've stopped drinking so much...the bingeing ( is that spelled right?) was from stress and boredom. Last thursday I went to 80s night at Haileys with Matt and Julie and had 2 long islands and threw up all next morning. I'm out of practice! Work was reallll fun the next day.

Still waiting on an acceptance or denial letter from grad school....grr....

TV tiiiiime

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home