Oh, this week has just been crazynuts. Snow on Easter Eve, a lovely yet rainy evening on Montrose then midtown then westheimer then uptown with Nicole, and a lot of family time. Pictures for my mom and aunt ( yeah I know you're here, hi, hello....how did you find me...all the sudden my mom is congnisant of private details of my life!)

Ian and Mikey....

Not much else has changed....if I'm good today and tomorrow, I will hit the 10 pound mark of weight loss this weekend. Unless, I drink it all back at edgefest. I decided not to drink my Thursday bottle of yellow tail while I watch the office. I wonder if I will find it so freaking hilarious if I'm not drunk. I hope so.
The freshmen are cutting loose even more in these last 6 weeks that I will grace DHS with my presence. I've decided not to care. I turned some skanky girls in for smoking in the bathroom-Yes, I'm a regular Tina Tattletale. I chose a beginner's reader for my classes about a crook that goes to jail for laundering money. I thought they would like words in French like 'le sang', 'tuer', 'fausse monnaie', 'l'enfer'....blood, kill, fake money, hell. They're still not all that excited. Next week I'm bringing a movie set in Martinique that I watched in high school...I honestly don't remember what it's about but it's called Sugar Cane Alley. The majority of students don't believe me when I say that a lot of black people speak French...and that's sad because I encounter them fairly often now. My cable guy was from Cameroun, for example. ( People in Martinique are mostly black FYI....and Martinique is in the Carribean ).
That reminds me I watched a documentary about the Jonestown, Guyana mass suicide in the 70's and it gave me nightmares for 3 nights. They killed the babies first....909 people in all drank the koolaid. Why???? Their church doctrines didn't even seem that revolutionary or alluring. " We help poor people!" Ooh, so does everyone else.
Can you tell I'm getting more and more unsympathetic? It just feels like I've dealt with a lot of idiotic people lately. I'm losing the faith. And getting increasingly dull-er. Boooooo.....
Labels: life

2 Comments:
haha... your family found your blog. Ever wonder if you kids have too?
Sometimes my kids say "Ms. M do you have a blog?" and give me a really, really creepy look that scares me into thinking they found it. But I always lie and say no, and then they back off. So maybe they haven't.
No, no. That's why I don't mention my school name or anything else related. Mine ask me about myspace all the time. *rolls eyes
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home