Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Recap of Austin/tIBs/MYP/various- other- pretentious- sounding-abbreviation conference trip:

* my coworkers are cool, so far....
* IB has grown into a multi-tentacled monster
* MYP = middle years programme, something Garland didn't have ( IB for middle schoolers, there is no more "pre-IB" )...something I must now teach
* I've decided I don't like the French Canadian accent
* I hope I have not identified myself as the resident faculty lush...( in fairness the other teachers made me drink the rest of the beer they bought....initiation maybe? )
* um, the hotel was fucking sweet
* ate too much food
* Casey is a good host! He's such a dirty hippie now, lol....he suggested for my sister and I to meet up at 'hole in the wall' where a "gypsy jazz" band played NIN "closer" in a bluegrass style, complete with moo-ing. And! The next night I went with his roommates and his new lovely gf Amanda to see CITIZEN KANE at the Paramount. ( Amazingly awesome restored 1920s theater downtown. ) I took pictures, they'll be on flickr.

After going to these meetings for 8 hours a day and talking to teachers from all over the world, I am very nervous. Being in IB classes back in the day was hard enough...I feel guilty that I've crossed over to the dark side and am now required to be a harbinger of pain. Ok, that's an exageration. I loved my IB french classes and am excited I get to do cool stuff with youngsters....( as long as some really smart people in a remote office in Canada or Wales or wherever deem it ok. ) I never realized what a bitch it was for our teachers to get everything organized and documented. Anyway, this is probably not at all remotely interesting. Naaaaaaap time.

2 Comments:

At 8:19 PM , Blogger crystal said...

WHAT? Casey has a new gf and I don't know. How rude.

 
At 1:27 AM , Blogger Twentysomething said...

well i dont know if theyre actually bf and gf. she's soft-spoken, demure, earthy, very much his type it would seem. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home