Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Ahh....got my lean pocket and godiva chocolate ice cream...and all is right with the world.

Everything I said in the last entry about the boredom and monotomy is now nonexistant. I am now too busy! Being busy makes me stressed, and stress pisses me off. Stress robs me of sleep....no sleep also pisses me off. So lately, yeah I've been pretty pissy...moody...crying, throwing things, cussing radom people out...haha jk. But seriously, if I've been distant to you or am seemingly mad at you, there is a 99% chance it is because I have a million things on my mind at the time. Come July 3rd I will be my normal Sarah self.

So, school.....astronomy is at 8 am. 8 AM!!!!!! this means I have to wake up at 7 am . That first day was really hard....I dont think I had woken up at 7 am since highschool. The class itself is pretty cool...I got an A on the first test. Go me! The observatory is pretty cool too....they have cold war missile silos in the little forest behind the telescopes. The planetarium is nice too.....but only because I have the best naps in there, with the pretty stars and new-age soft music.

math however is hell. worse than i expected. how come TA's in the math department never speak english?? I bombed the first test so in order to make the C i need, i need to make B's or above.Ive never done that well in math. I'm so frustrated with the right side of my brain. Sometimes I think maybe i was dropped on that side....or maybe I have a tumor. Learning math is so foreign to me...it never sinks in. I even went so far to look up math learning disorders on the internet. There is something called mathlexia....not a proven disorder....but basically its like dyslexia except with numbers. I looked at my tests and stuff and often times I get the questions wrong because I get the numbers backwards. Hmmm..... but I'm getting tutoring. David is really helping me out...he's very patient even when I yell at him and throw the calculator. Now *that* is a notable feat. Anyone who can withstand my rage.....I love you!

The job is going well. All I do is show up for 4 hours and call number after number to tell them about the " exciting scholarship campaign" we're performing. Some people just hang up.....most people politely say " no, i dont want to give you money". I did however get my first 100 dollar pledge last night. That was pretty cool. We pass the time by making a list of funny names of alumni we come across like, Jingling Wang or Anita Bumstead. Yeah......lame.

I've had two awesome weekends in a row, though. 2 weeks ago was Suzi's birthday luau. We went all out with lei monkeys and naked bartender decorations...not to mention the pièce de resistance, the penis cake. We considered a mould, but the ones we saw were 20 bucks. So.....I cut out a nice sized shlong complete with family jewels free handed out of a sheet cake. We decided on cherry vanilla frosting and added extra food dye for that umm, 'fleshy' look. It was a success! Im really glad there was a pretty good turn-out although none of Suzi's Lubbock friends came. Oh well, we UNT kids know how to show a girl a good time :) This past weekend I went to Dallas with Casey O'Deenigan before he went to Wyoming for his physics pow-wow nerd seminars or whatever he does. We saw Hollywood Homicide....pretty funny. Josh Hartnett continues to get hotter as he gets older.

Sunday night was the 3rd Eye Blind concert at the Granada. I had no idea where it was and was happy to see that it was a really cute old renovated theater on Greenville in Dallas. It was packed but we were really close to the stage. After the opening dude, Josh Kelly ( who was pretty decent ), the power went out. That meant the airconditioning went out...making the next 45 minutes very unpleasant. Everything was fixed and 3eb finally came on. I wasnt expecting much since it was hot and nasty and already late. The band overcompensated and pretty much played every song on all 3 of their albums. It was quite possibly one of the best concerts I've been to...even though theyre not neessarily my favorite band. It was really cool though because my 2 best friends were there and both are huge fans and knew all the words. It was an all-around sweatty good time.

Oh, I'm going to see BEN FOLDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah its in oklahoma, but thats only 3 hours away and ive always wanted an excuse to go to oklahoma! and now i have a great one.....tickets go on sale 7/28, lemme know if you want to go too. road trip!

that's all for now. thanks for being patient. new pictures will be on the site soon. special thanks to the guys in 6101.......jimmy for your never ending supply of alcohol, trevor for cooking sumptuous feasts, cameron......for being a whack job and making me laugh, and most of all, david, for being one of the only constant forces left in my life. i think you're really what keeps me sane right now, and don't think your efforts go unnoticed....

time for a nap :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home