I HAVE AN INTERVIEW WITH A SCHOOL DISTRICT!!!
D.S. HIGH WANTS TO INTERVIEW ME FOR THE FRENCH POSITION!!!
"AIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
<--- was my first thought. Second thought, " they must be pretty desperate if they saw my sorry-ass resume and still wanted to give me a shot." BUT, WHO CARES?! I GOT A REAL INTERVIEW!! And for the first time, my dad seemed pretty damn pleased by me. So anyway, it's at 11 am, Monday the 13th. If you pray, pray for me then. Even if they meet me and say " wow, you're not what we're looking for...", it will be OK because at least I know that there are places out there that will give a non-experienced teacher-to-be a chance. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I've been fantasizing all day. Being Ms. Cox, having my own classroom to decorate with construction paper flags of Francophonic countries...giving my students French names and teaching them "DR & MRS VANDERTRAMPP!! I am such a nerd, they HAVE to hire me!! Who else gets excited about this shit?!
And in the same day, Region 10 called to say I am ready to take my French ExCet pre-test. I am going in on Thursday to get that over with.
It's all happening, and I did it all by myself. I feel like such a big girl!:)
It was great that this happened on the day after I had applied to 4 retail jobs at Willowbend out of desperation. I had a preliminary interview with Foley's and the HR woman was a total hag. I drove out of there thinking " But I have my degree! Why am I stooping so low?!"
So. Interview. Monday. I have to get my ducks in a row.
1. Look older. Wear your glasses, and get new black pants to go with black jacket. Yesterday when applying at Dillard's the woman at the desk had to see my driver's licence because she was skeptical that I was even 18. So yeah, look older.
2. Whip up a teaching philosophy.
3. Print & revise resume on better paper
4. Call my mom and ask her to drill me on typical educational-field type interview questions
5. I should get one of those professional-type portfolio dealies with a planner in it.
6. Start talking in French to yourself and others who won't get annoyed as much as possible. Come up with cool learned things to say.
I know a lot of those steps have to do with superficial, appearance type things...but my friends in the business world say that appearance is crucial in an interview because people are judgey and like things and people that are aesthetically pleasing. BUT if anyone else has any pointers leave a comment! The more help the better! This is the first interview I will have that will actually matter.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUZI KINNEY!! I wish I could upload my phone messages to the internet because I get some truly funny one sometimes. Like Suzi today, " Hey, thanks for the card! yeah, I'm 22 today. Don't have a job. I will live in a box at the bookstore and beg for scraps. Massey proposed to Amanda, that wanker. If you would like to see pictures of them on their lame-ass cruise, send me an e-mail. " I love her and her negativity. I hope she knows that so many people care about her. She has amazingly cool boyfriend who thinks the world of her and so on and so forth.
The dog's situation isn't really looking that much better today. She threw up all her food today. I think that may be a sign of her kidneys giving out, I don't know. If she's not improving tomorrow, I will have to take her back to the vet. She is definitely in pain; she stands there shivering peering up at me and whines her supersonic whimper. That clutches at my heart. This sucks.
But I have an interview! :-D

3 Comments:
Wow, congratulations on the interview! :) I will be working at UM Army camp this coming Monday, but I will still make sure to send up prayers for you around 11 a.m.
Let me know how it turns out!
Good luck with the interview. First ask them what your headlights would do if you drove the speed of light.. if they don't know, tell them you don't want to work for them =P and that's the only pointer I have.
thanks guys :-p
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home