Saturday, May 28, 2005

My cup floweth over with contentment. :-)

What a perfect saturday to lie in bed completely warm and happy listening to the rain outside. To watch Antiques Roadshow for lack of anything better and secretly liking it. To eat yummy warm tomato basil soup in an empty cafe. F.P.H, I'm so glad things are OK now, I missed you. :)

And yes, when it rains it pours. Last night after seeing about 1/8 of Melt Banana's show at Hailey's ( where I felt totally out of place; I forgot my black eyeliner, mohawk, and studded belt ), Matt met up with me and we went to various places on the square to play pool.

I want very much to excel at this game. At least be able to shoot the cue without waivering. Matt is very competitive and I decided this is a good thing because I secretly am too. At least I am if I know there's a chance of me succeeding. I won air hockey and he seemed a little perturbed about this and I could tell he wanted a rematch. I think he realized beating me wouldn't be a good idea if he wanted me to like him so we went to Taco Cabana.

He's so interesting to talk to! I really want to volunteer at Nelson Center after hearing about the kids he works with. We both like to travel and have been to interesting places....he speaks beautiful Spanish. He gave me a big hug and drove off in his firebird. I kind of wished he had tried something but am also glad he didn't. Right now, especially in light of everything else, I'm just grateful to get to know new people.

I applied to DeSoto ISD. Yes. Ha ha. I realize the irony. I guess it would be more ironic if I ended up working there and was stuck with that name around for a little longer. Here's hoping a "real" job turns up sometime...I need to start making this my priority...

I'm going to continue my lazy saturday and finally rent "Kinsey". Ooh, maybe I should wait a few days and invite Matt over to watch it. He would like it! I love psyc nerds!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home