Thursday, May 19, 2005

Ah, College Station. The land of my birth. And of roads that make no sense. And of ultraconservatives in big ol trucks. Shiver.

Haven't been here in awhile, but immediately recognize the nasty soft water that smells like a plastic innertube. I also noted that these strange bugs ( "Look mom! This fly has 2 heads!" ) that I've only seen in CS, are still in abundance. FYI, they're called lovebugs or as Casey says, f*ckbugs, because they hatch, mate, and die in a span of a few hours. Sounds like a great life.

So Casey's new place is nice. He has roommates, which like to decorate with shrimping nets and pictures of flaming bonfires and collies. Good Christ, it looks like A&M threw up in the living room. I did, however, get to pick out a shower curtain for him. It has a map of the world with all the capitals on it.

He took me to The Tap, this place that is a lot like Pete's Dueling Pianos. This place helped me redeem my opinion of CS greatly. After drinking to 7 years of friendship and many more to come, 2 guys got on stage -- one drums, one piano. I watched them play from 11 to 2 AM. Way, way, way better than Pete's. I guess because maybe they cater more to the college crowd. I recognized every song they played; piano dude was GOOD. I requested 'freebird'. I didn't think they'd actually play it because it's a 10 minute song and hard to adapt to piano. But NO! Pianodude got right into it. They got the cymbals right and everything. I wished Suzi were there...she would have loved it. They played brown-eyed-girl, tiny dancer, fat bottom girls, a bunch of 80's songs...then more obscure stuff like " Cold Hard Bitch" by Jet, which is now the song I listen to when I jog. They played Marvin Gaye to Maroon 5, and ended the night with " You never call me by my name" by david alan coe. This is the only country song I think I know all the words to. And it is sacrilege to sing it sober. The best part is:

well i was drunk the day my mom got out of prison
and i went to pick her up in the rain
but before i got to the station in my pickup truck
she got runned over by a damned ol train

I don't think I've had more fun then that in a long time. I'm such a music nerd. I can't dance that well, but I can sing and clap and use "the Christina hand". Or the "Whitney hand", whichever. :) I have bruises on my heels from kicking the barstool in time. So thank you, good-singing, green-shirt-black-eyeliner-wearing-robert-smith-from-the-cure-looking-piano-playing guy! You made my night. All my love, Sarah. ( The pasty loud girl in the pink shoes)

Ok, so I'm seeing Starwars today with some of Casey's friends...sexy Mike, I believe.

Speaking of sexy, I have a pen pal in Iraq! Ok, not exactly "pen", more like "email via myspace.com". He's a medic. We like all the same movies and music...he's very well-read too. He seems like he's not your average GI Joe and I like that...college kids seem to turn their noses up at the military. I know I did. I finally asked him about the politics of the situation...so no "buck fush"-es come out of my mouth. I asked him about the suicide bombers and he actually is helping people wounded in those attacks. Just yesterday his base camp was bombed...the bombs originating from China? I need to read that e-mail again. It's really fascinating. And he's gorgeous.

Ok I've made this long enough. Going to Freebird's. Yes!!!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home