*Edit # 2*: State of The Sanity Address.
I have talk to an anonymous audience because I really don't think anyone who cares is awake or unbusy right now. Studying is going OK. At least now it is. I retrieved my keys. I got 1.00 in gas because I spent all my remaining money on my mom's flowers. The gas attendant felt sorry for me and said " may the force be with you" over the intercom. I think that's the only thing that's made me smile in the last 10 hours. For that, I am grateful.
Otherwise, I feel slapped in the face.
To conserve gas I parked the car and rode the "night rider bus" ( which reminds me of the Knight Bus" from Harry Potter ) to the library where I will camp out until my 8 am final. The coffee and anxiety kicked in around 12:30 AM. I knew I wouldn't be able to do anything un-school-related for about another 18 hours, so I gave my dog a ton of food and water and made a survival kit for myself. I packed some oatmeal cookies, water, the free red bull Fred got me after chasing the free-red-bull-people down, my toothbrush, brush, deoderent, the stale and nasty cigarettes that have been sitting on my coffee table for about a month, and some advil. I was so caffeinated I couldn't concentrate long enough to study so I smoked a cigarette. I hate smoking. I don't know how to hold it right, I hate my lungs burning, and I hate the smell. Yet, it calmed me down....until I felt like I had to vomit. So...progress was once again hindered. I tried studying in the media library on the second floor where most the really quiet studious foreign exchange students go. That helped, but then my heart started racing again. I tried to take a nap. I knew what would calm me down, but I didn't want to resort to it. I tried all sorts of things, but finally I broke down and called him. And, it worked...I felt OK and ready to work again. But, again, I really need to stop that.
Learning & Memory is pretty easy to study for b/c the stuff in there is pretty applicable and easy to understand. Partnership Abuse....uhhhh, not so much but I think a lot of it is common sense. French, I just gotta show up and strike up a conversation with Lindsey and Fran. Beverage Survey: I need a 72 on the test to make an A. Easy.
And then after a short stats study session, I can like, shower and go to bed and stuff. And then I will be 2 finals away from being done with college, which yields a 1o000000% less neurotic Sarah.

1 Comments:
four finals in one day.. I'm sure they're all over by now, but I hope you survived. I've locked my keys in the trunk before and my backseat even folds down for access, but I still couldn't get to them because I set them on the edge, so they were between the metal. I really impress myself sometimes.
Also, I don't know if you've heard The Weakerthans, but I'll take this opportunity to recommend them to you :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home