"Je suis le roi de la montagne!"
" I am king of the mountain!" I say as I tromp around campus, determined to fight procrastination and laziness to study hard for the last finals of my college career at UNT. I left the BBQ ( very fun event ) early to study. Lame.
But that line is from a surrealist poem called " Le Bon Bon" that I had to memorize last semester. I don't remember who it's by. If you take any French collegiate class, you're gonna have to memorize some poems. It's a given. Probably some Paul Verlain..."Les sanglots longsdes violons blessent mon coeur d'un longueur"...or Prévert..."La porte qui quelqu'un a ouvrit"...or my favorite,"Invitation Au Voyage".
The part in it I like best is, " the misty sunlight of those cloudy skies has for my spirit the charms, so mysterious of your treacherous eyes, shining brightly through their tears. There, all is order and beauty, luxury, peace, and pleasure. "
So now I stop goofing around and study. And then "drive like a bat out of bible school" ( you can't go through mother's day without using one of your mom's silly sayings ) home to kick it with the fam-fam. And then back here for more studying. I seriously won't know what to do with myself anymore on friday.
And in reference to my last post, I hate being that negative. I will do my damndest to be sensitive, empathetic, moralistic, selfless, and objective instead of subjective. And no, that is not sarcasm. I mean it this time.
NP: "diane", guster

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home