Nature, Hormones, Sucking Black Hole of My Future.
It's rained a lot in the last few days. Walking to Terrell yesterday, I saw a crow with a gigantic striped catepillar in his mouth...the kind that is paper machéd in that book we all read as kids, " the very hungry catepillar". The bird must have felt like he hit the jackpot, because I think worms that big are rare in Texas. Then, at a stoplight in 288, I saw another bird take a bath in a puddle. It seems like they get the water under their feathers, not on top of. It made me wonder if birds get B.O., or have real skin under their feathers, with skin cells they need to slough off. I guess it was just a good day for birds.
Yesterday I cried a commercial. A fucking commercial for " Extreme Makeover Wedding Edition!" The song in the background was "unchained melody". That song has close emotional ties. It amazes me how close to making such a drastic and permanent decision I was. While I'm glad I didn't make a mistake, I'm still incredibly sad that I'm back at square 1. I don't know why it's just now hitting me. I don't know why he keeps calling me. I'm going to have to be completely calm and composed on Saturday and I'm scared. When I'm the little voyeur running my ass off at the gym and I see them running perfectly in time, I'm ok because I'm at a distance. I don't know how to react when it will be shoved in my face. I don't know if I should bring a crutch -- a flask of jack daniels to pour in my drink while we're BBQ-ing...or if I should keep a safe distance, or not stay very long at all. I want to say it's not fair, but it's very fair. I deserve this. I deserve this heartache.
" You can't have roots and wings."
" It will come in waves, you just have to acknowledge that each wave will pass".
Hopefully this is more like " the crimson wave" talking and not my true heart & soul.
So I applied at a few more places. I hope someone calls soon for interviews because I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself the weeks after graduation. At least my dad is being more hopeful. More excited that I got done in 4 years. I'm really glad we're starting to become more like friends and less like child and parent. I'm sure that will increase tenfold when I have my own income.
And for mother's day, I think I'm going to tell my mom I'll go to Mexico with their Mission Trip, and work hard in the sun for a higher purpose that myself. That'll make her happy. Maybe it will make me happy too. People who've gone say that it's an awesome experience...a good way to get undepressed is to do something unexpected and great for someone else. Definitely out of my comfort zone....but sometimes that's a good thing :)

3 Comments:
Hey Sarah, Nicole is right...you've got strength in numbers from your old roomies. :) Besides, who knows, he might not even show up!
And can I just say this...you don't deserve the heartache. I am learning myself not to beat myself up over everything. All we did was put ourselves out there and let ourselves fall in love. There is no fault in that. The GOOD thing is that it ended before you and I could make permanent mistakes, like you said. I get sad sometimes too...I miss being part of a couple and I feel like I will NEVER meet anybody till I'm 50. But then, I try to be optimistic and realize this...the best must be yet to come. Somewhere there are guys that are right for us, and when we find them, we'll get to experience all the butterflies and fun that comes with falling in love all over again. Our love stories are yet to be written. :)
Okay, now I am the one sounding like a hallmark card. But its true, we are graduating and the world is ours. I don't know what I'm doing either, so don't worry about that. I think you SHOULD go to Mexico. I myself am taking two different mission type trips in June, before I start applying for jobs. I am excited about them, and I'm hoping that by giving to others I'll feel better about myself. So yeah, I think you should go. And tell me all about it when you get back. :)
Well, I've written a novel here. Sorry. Enjoy reading it though, and see ya tomorrow!
I second the Mexico thing.. it really is refreshing stepping out of the comfort zone every now and then. I built a house down there a while back, which turned out to be a great experience. By the way, if you see cantaloupe stands on the road a bit North of the border, buy one! S'good shit.
"You can't have roots and wings."-- I like that.
Anyway, I will get right on that movie about the dog and his neo-nazi owner. Man, Payless Video was awesome.. Amy and I were married during the whole signing up for a card process and everything.
and hey, if you could make it to Houston or San Antonio or Austin between May 25 and 31, let me know!
*sniff sniff* I LOVE YOU GIRLS!! Y'all seriously just made me tear up in the computer lab. Dammit.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home