Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Ok, my last final is studied for. I can't possibly think of anything else to do for it; everyone I know is studying. So, I can either sit here in the computer lab and surround myself with strangers, or go home an ----

Fred just snuck up on me. " Stop minimizing your blog when I walk up. D'you want to go eat?"

All we do is eat. It's a wonder that he doesn't weigh a gazillion pounds.

:):) Chow time.

*Edit*
In exchange for beer, I'm going to write his social psyc journal entries about attraction, aggression, pro-social behavior, and prejudice. I love college. It dawned at me that tonight is my last night as an undergrad. :( I'm really kind of upset!

I chose to come to UNT pretty much a week before highschool graduation. I was bitter, fed-up, and pretty damn apathetic about highschool, IB, and what I thought was expected of me. No one I knew of was going to UNT, they had a psyc program that wasn't shabby, and I knew I could get in without having to try. Sounded good. ( Now I think that it's ironic that I tried to get away from IB folks....that I'm friends with more than ever now. When I meet up with one, it's like you have an instant bond, like war buddies or something. )

I went to fish camp not ever having seen the campus. Not knowing anyone. My mom cried when she dropped me off, because she still saw me as the painfully shy little girl who used to cry when the boys made fun of her on the school bus. And yeah, I was really shy. But I met people. I met more and more people...and each one seemed more fascinating to me. People from all walks of life and all over the country. As a result of being here, I have questioned what I believe in, what really matters in life, and have been enlightened to so, so much.

But I will miss the little things. I will miss going to an awesome jazz concert on a wednesday night. I will miss free access to an awesome gym... I will miss learning about French films and circadian rhythms and phonologcial loops. I will miss having an excuse to be poor. I will miss taking naps on the couches in the GAB and having the second question you ask someone being "what's your major?"

I don't think I'm ready to be a grown-up. But, I guess I don't have a choice now.

My graduation from the college of arts and sciences will be at 4:30 PM on saturday. My family is taking me to PF Chang's to celebrate. Later in the week I'm going to College Station to visit Casey and celebrate some more....then we're driving back for Beth Duffy's wedding. And then *hopefully* I'll be spending 2 weeks in Houston to work for my Aunt and Uncle, and make some sweet moolah.

And then, the teacher training starts. ( God, I hope I find a job!!!!)

Oh, and then, I go to Mexico to build a house with My mom, my stepdad, and Lutheran Social Services.

"I want to destroy your planner" says Fred. Fat chance, bucco.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home