Saturday, May 21, 2005

Ok, Houston's on like donkey kong.

My sister is coming. The dog is still coming although dog-at-home issue has been now overshadowed by Ian-breaking-his-nose issue. What chaos. I feel kinda bad now.

I guess the best thing to do is to call me. I can either hang out for lunch or hang out at night. Night might be better since wednesday I will be filing and shredding at my aunt and uncle's office making some sweet moolah.

Linds, the new Beck album is fun and more upbeat then the last one. It's called 'guero'. DL 'black tambourine', ' go it alone', 'que onda guero', and the first track. I forgot the name.

I am now going to live with Andrew and Robert for the 2005-2006 year. I can hear the "wtf's?!?!" right now. It shall be a social experiment, and it shall be grand. But I mean...they're good guys....like brothers. I like the house and they are open to new decorating ideas. Our home will be called The Manor at Westwood, and I will be the duchess, Robert the knight, and Andrew the Lord, since he has the biggest room. We will be building a mote and a game room/party garage. I like the neighborhood and the pine trees all around. I like that I still have one foot still planted firmly in the college lifestyle since I'm not exactly ready to give that up.

Summer in Texas. Definitely a pants-stick-to-your-ass kind of day. I wish I could just spontaneously leave and live somewhere else and be ok with it, but I know I would miss it. I thought of this yesterday driving through small towns like Groesbeck and Marlin. The black-eyed-susans, buttercups, and indian paintbrush are in abundance :)

I got a check from my great-uncle in the mail for graduation. I've always known him as Uncle Jim, but on his check, his name read: " Manly James C--". Manly , brother to my grandpa, Harry. No, not Harold but Harry. ( I guess the effect would be funnier if I typed in our last name, but I'm paranoid about somebody googling it and telling them).Their sisters are Nelda and Velma. Dearest Great-grandma Alma, ( god rest your soul ), you were an amazing woman but WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING when you named your kids? Seriously...talk about a life of torment. My dad got enough teasing just by being Richard. ( read: nick name for Richard that starts with a D ) ANYWAY, it's always lovely to get money in the mail. I splurged and bought this dress to wear to Beth's wedding tomorrow. It's so light and swishy. It's shown with green flats which perplexes me since there is no green in the dress. I am faced with a shoe dilemma and I hate that because I am not about to buy new shoes. Gotta show some restraint.

peace out girlscout.

2 Comments:

At 5:56 PM , Blogger lindsey. said...

I don't know where your aunt's office is, but you could meet me and Amy for lunch at the Hoagie Ranch near Kemah. We'll be in that area around 11-3 or 4.

Then I think we're getting together with Nicole and Brandon later to do something.. I'm not too familiar with Houston, so we'll see what we can come up with. Email your cell number to me lindsey.rw@mail.com and I'll get in touch.

 
At 11:27 AM , Blogger Twentysomething said...

it's 469-222-1313

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home