Ok, I'm going home a little early à cause de mon chien.
It's more like...it's not my dog, it's my stepdad. I guess the thought of my little 13 year old dauchsund in the backyard, in a pen, just being a dog, was enough to give him an aneurism. I couldn't fathom why there was just no compromise with this...the fact that she wasn't even near him and didn't even have the privelage of roaming the backyard. Why the hell was he mad? I realized it was a question of me challenging his "authority". And that's what it's always been. If any of you know the story of HellChristmas '04, it was the same thing. I went to counceling after this because I thought that maybe the problem was myself and that I needed to come to terms. After being forced to cry over things that happened 14 years ago, I realized that the problem was so surface -- just people being petty because they can. And that's my stepdad. 5 foot 6 inches of tejano lovin' pettiness. I hate that I still have so much rage towards him for changing what I loved about my mom. But, she's happy. She hates the division in our family but she loves him. He is my brother's father...and he's turning out ok. So, I just gotta remember that. My mom has a whole different set of standards than I do.
So in conclusion, I cannot go to Houston, Mexico, or anywhere else that requires me to be gone for more than 2 days because no one can watch my dog, and I can't leave her alone for more than 48 hours because that's just animal cruelty. She is badly behaved, but that has to do with being old and grumpy. But, she snuggles. She will lick your hand when she knows you're sad. If you give her a chance and be patient with her she'll warm up to you. Colleen has been in my life longer than she hasn't, and I will be sad the day she goes. I will miss having to buy pedigree little champions and having a step-stool by the bed so she can get up.
Ok, next stop, Beth's wedding!
*edit* maybe houston afterall, lindsey, nicole, and amy. The dog can come with me. She is compact and be snuck into hotels. My sister wants to go too and go to Galveston ( or at least Kemah ) on friday. I asked my aunt if I could work in her office for her when I'm not with friends. Cross your fingers! Kerr Hall/West Hall roommate reunion!!
Oh man. That reminds me. Remember when Lindsey passed out in the bathroom and Kelley just stared at her and went back to bed like the lazy hoe she was? Remember Nicole when we drove to Sachse to dig out the bottle of my dad's homemade wine from my closet and almost died? ( Both from the wine and from the 18-wheelers on I-35 )
Oh college, I will miss you so.

5 Comments:
Who could forget when Lindsey passed out on the bathroom floor? That was FUNNY, but looking back now, I'm just glad Lindsey woke up!
If you can make it down, the only meet up day that seems to work for us is Weds. the 25th. I can only do stuff during the day, so I am sadly missing Nicole and Brandon. (They are meeting up with Lindsey and Evan that night. I'm meeting up with Lindsey and Evan that day after 10 a.m. Details to follow, let me know if you can make it.)
P.S. The reason why is cuz that whole weekend is devoted to family in town and Lacie graduating high school. It is gonna be nuts.
So anyways, that is why Weds. seems to be the only day that works. How complicated that it takes me three different comment boxes to answer one question! ;)
Dang it, I forgot to tell you to check out Lindsey's xanga for her travel plans and our running discussion on her comment box. Might give you more insight.
No more comments. This is IT. :)
it's funny that Amy, knowing I liked to sleep on the floor sometimes, sort of thought I slept in the bathroom on purpose hehe.
and yes, Sarah, my fingers are crossed! and check my xanga for the discussion indeed. I haven't heard the new beck, by the way, is it recommendable? i've just recently remembered how much I enjoyed the music.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home