Thursday, June 09, 2005

Yesterday, while I was reading SURVIVOR, by Chuck Palahniuk...Fred burst in my apartment, drunk. He proceded to go back outside to urinate on my cable box and demand I make him a sandwich. I would have been mad but the situation was just so ridiculous.

He later got in my bed and started telling me about a dream he had.

" I wanted a steak so I flew a cow over a volcano. The huge steak and I landed on Collin's ranch where this massive ferret came up, bit my foot, then swallowed my steak whole. "

I love that I have insane friends. Our weirdness unites us.

-PS- I took the TOPT pre-test and it was a mofo. I had to speak into a little tape recorder and answer questions like " how does a plant grow? Do you think drugs should be legalized? and How would you tell your student's parents that he has a hearing disorder?" Oy. I was hard core so I didn't bring a dictionary. I didn't know the words for "seed" "marijuana" and " coclear implant". And what are they thinking asking if drugs should be legalized? Is that a trick to see if you'd be a rogue liberal teacher if you said yes? I answered the best I could, but kept saying " c'est une question difficile; c'est contraversiale que...."

I hope my written portion made up for all my stammering.

I'm going to swim for the first time this summer :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home