I wished I was smarter
wished I was stronger
wished I loved Jesus the way my wife does
I wished it'd had been easier
instead of any longer
I wished I could've stood where you would have been proud
but that won't happen now
won't happen now
There's a whole lot of singing that's never going to be heard
disappearing everyday without so much as a word
somehow
I think I broke the wings off that little songbird
she's never gonna fly to the top of the world
I don't have to answer any of your questions
don't have no god to teach me no lessons
......
I wished I'd have known you
wished I'd have shown you
all of the things I was on the inside
but I'd pretend to be sleeping
when you came in in the morning
to whisper goodbye
go to work in the rain
don't know why
Gonna grab ahold of that little songbird
take her for a ride to the top of the world
right now, to the top of the world
~Patty Griffin, NOT Dixie Chicks.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home