Half-assed writing is when instead of linking everything in coherent flowing paragraphs, you lazily make a list or outline.
1. While getting gas in the rain, I saw the attendant change the "2.04" sign to "2.14". What in hell would make gas prices go up 10 cents in one day? Is it just because it's the weekend? Does it have something to do with the London attack? G8 summit? Armageddon? Maybe I'll find out...if I care enough.
2. I think someone should make a movie about Mormon missionaries; guys in their late teens and early 20s biking around with flashy helmets and short-sleeved white dress shirts. I have a major curiosity about Mormon men....not so much women because their role in that religion is very cut-and-dry: get married and have kids. But what's this 'mission' all about? I talked to a Mormon guy in French Convo last semester and he said his mission was to Paris. Lucky him. He said that they have curfews, per diem, and rules rules rules. No fraternizing with the locals except to convert them. You especially don't meet girls. I dunno. If I made documentaries, I think " the secret lives of Mormon men" would be the way to go.
3. I'm having some issues with Region 10 right now. They basically gave me all the information I needed for my probe teaching certificate except the registration code....and NOW they're saying their program is full. I seriously don't know what went wrong....but I have to either find a way to weasel myself in or find another way to get my certificate ( which I pressumed was already in the bag ) before August. If not.......I don't want to even think about it. What's making it so hard is, EVERYBODY IN THE DISTRICT IS ON SUMMER VACATION. I can't get ahold of anyone. I could maybe do this "emergency certification", but I don't know what that entails. WHY WOULD THEY HIRE ME IF THEY KNEW THIS WOULD BE SUCH AN ORDEAL?!
4. I got Matt hooked on Thai Ocha. Like I said, Thai food = crack. He really likes duck. Duck curry, basil duck, pad thai with duck. Me, I don't care for it. He's been spacing out a lot this week. I think it's pissing him off that I'm reminding him that his final is tomorrow and he has to start right back up again on Monday with his new course. I was hoping he could help drill me on GRE studying, but damn that boy is busy. I don't want it to go too far by the wayside, or I'll never do it.
That's all for now.

1 Comments:
AH! Crap like that Region 10 thing sounds like the story of my past two years.
and gas prices here fluctuate by .10 all the time, it's 2.28 right now! Argh. It has to do with OPEC monopolizing the global market and price gouging in general and new unattainable blending regulations and US reserves running low and other boring things no one should have to read about.
I like that documentary idea too..
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home