I'm about to drive to my favorite part of Texas, the stretch between Austin and San Antonio. Matt will be in tow and we will meet a bunch of his wonderful "grown-up" ( but only in the sense of their age, not maturity) friends and drink lots of beer and float down the river. I think that's what 4th of July should be all about. If I don't come home sunburned, I will not consider the weekend a success.
But first, a list of grievances.
1. Tom Cruise. If you've ever seen 'Magnolia' where he is a misogynistic motivational speaker, I really think he is like that in real life. Not much of a stretch.
2. Insurance, of all kinds. Car, especially....but also, why does it cost 20 bucks for antibiotics WITH health insurance?
3. Waxing. It's just.....not a good idea unless you have a professional do it for you.
4. V8 hemi trucks that don't use their signals on major highways when they cut you off. I think gargantuan trucks are the new " I have a small penis and must compensate for it" vehicle. >:-o
5. The dry cleaners. I did Matt a favor by picking up some of his stuff and it took 20 minutes for them to find 3 shirts.
6. Getting stuck in a slightly too small top in the dressing room at Old Navy. If it were on camera, it woulda been pretty funny to everyone else but me. Thanks to my genetic disposal of exagerated T&A, my boobs and waist are not complimentary. I had to pretty much dislocate my shoulder to get this linen shirt off without it ripping. The guy manning the dressing rooms looked at me skeptically when I was in there for 20 minutes.
List of Triumphs & good things:
1. Chang's Spicy Chicken
2. the RAIN we finally got this morning
3. Having tons of new music for my roadtrip ( Snow Patrol, the Decemberists, Rufus Wainwright, Belle & Sebastian, Kings of Leon)
4. Eating cheerios instead of the taco cabana I was craving
Everyone have a happy 4th.

1 Comments:
Glad to know you were just kidding about that wedding scene! lol! ;) Although, if that was really what you wanted, I'd come and be supportive but secretly laugh behind your back.
Just kidding ofcourse. ;)
Well, have a blast on your trip! And I look forward to fun updates about your life with Rob and Andrew!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home