Ok, I deleted the last post because it was a total. misunderstanding.
God, I just feel dumb. It was a good thing though, being honest made us realize that we're both way too paranoid and defensive. I need to stop making up reasons to psyc myself out of something just because I'm afraid of getting hurt.
So, I really like him and he really likes me, and that's the way it stays for now!!! Hermosa! Bien!
( The not-calling was not a game at all. It was due to the fact that Matt worked 32 hours in 3 days and was too much of a zombie to tell me this. )
Ok, on a much less NEUROTIC note,
Fondue. Is. Fabulous. Mayumi took me to Simply Fondue in Highland Village to see Quang, who recently wrapped his car around a pole. That sucks. I'm glad he's ok. Anyway, the idea was for him to serve us and in turn give him a big tip. Quang made the fondue right at our table...cheese first. He used a base of beer ( I already knew that it would be good based on that!) and tons of cheddar. We dipped bread, veggies, and apples. We got the kahlua chocolate heath dessert fondue, and they heat that by dousing it in everclear, and lighting it on fire. I roasted a marshmallow in a little everclear fire on the granite table. That was pretty cool, and the fondue was to die for. I got so full on just fruit, chocolate, and marshmallows. That was definitely a great food experience.
And I also signed my teaching contract(s) today. A big ol' stack of papers...that say that they are not obligated to pay me til Sept 26!!!! WTF?! They explained I could get an "advance" at the end of August for about half of what I'm supposed to get...and they'll deduct that from each subsequent paycheck. That confused me...why are they deducting money from other paychecks when I worked a full month? It turns out I do get paid for that month...but the summer months are weird...I get paid for 12 months of work and work for 10...it's just weird. So, I guess I won't be buying anything cool until my birthday...good ol' 23. I also found out that I have to get a TB test, get finger printed by the police station, and submit about 50 freaking transcripts because people like to lose things. Ridiculous.
Well, here's hoping we get to San Antonio/the river somehow. Everybody's work schedule is crazy...it might just be me and Matt...but that may not be half bad! Cheers.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home