No
Phone Call
Today.
:'-(
So it appears I didn't get the job...I hate that employers make you sit around and wait and wait and wait. I tripped over my own foot last night on some stairs to make sure I fell asleep next to my phone.
It woulda been a badass job, and I woulda been a badass French teacher at that high school. Oh well. Hopefully someone more qualified was hired. Back to the ol' job board. ( Which is worrisome because there are only 5 more districts in the region that I am qualified to teach in. If those don't work out I will substitute or have to be a teacher's aide. And...I don't know if I want to go down that route. )
Yesterday was great though. I spent time with little Ian and took him to the library. He can read almost everything now...he even sounded out the name Ophelia on my "Reviving Ophelia" book. I didn't let him check out the PG-13 Batman movie even though we argued for 10 minutes. I talked about it with Matt later that night and he thought I was being ridiculous that I made him get "Brave Little Toaster" instead. The whole sheltered-ness issue got brought up again. Matt works with kids everyday and says that he has 7-year-olds telling him to fuck off on a daily basis. So, it's all kind of subjective. Ian isn't as much of a hellion as I thought :)
I went out with a bunch of friends as is customary thursday nights. I had a "Crash" moment. I was sitting at the table with Mayumi and some of Matt's friends. Mike and I are wasp-y white, Alice, Natasha, and Matt are Hispanic, Mayumi is Japanese/white, so it wasn't a big deal that Matt's friend and coworker who is black sat down. We started to talk and Matt said " you know, Alvin lives in your complex".
It turns out Alvin is my downstairs neighbor, who I've seen around but never talked to in the 6 months he's lived there. I would see all these notes on his door and assume he was about to get evicted. I shamefully admit disappointment when I saw him move in...I figured I would hear loud music, parties, and have trash on the lawn...because, this has been my experience before.
Alvin has a master's degree in couseling. He and Matt are co-supervisors at the Nelson Center. Small freaking world. You're funny, God.
" Oh, so *you're* the girl who has that yappy dog and parks in my covered spot that I paid for! And damn! You walk heavy!"
I wanted to crawl under the table and die.
But, it's cool now. I vowed to never park in his spot again. I didn't know you had to pay for those. I told him I would walk like a baby mouse and tell my dog to shut up. He said it's all good now that he knows me....and now that we both know Matt, we might even throw an upstairs-downstairs party before I move. So I will say hi now everytime I see my neighbor, and actually feel safer that I know someone in my building.
I credit Matt to opening my eyes to so many new things. I was thinking " Now why is this working?" We don't exactly like the same movies...the same music...I don't know his political ideology. Sure, we're attracted to each other but when that's all there is...that fizzles out in a matter of a few weeks. I'm still trying to figure it out. I guess I know that I don't want a carbon copy of myself, as that's just boring. If I wanted that I'd just date myself. He told me he doesn't know what it is either....but he said that I make him feel vulnerable. And no other girl has ever done that. One would think now that I have the upper hand...but au contraire. He makes me feel just as wide-eyed-hit-upside-the-head as he is. I think we're both just dumbfounded that this is happening so suddenly. Caution?
Oh, and Tom Cruise disgusts me. He's 2 years younger than my mommy and Katie Holmes is 3 years older than I am. It's not just that....they give marriage a bad name. I don't know why I'm getting so worked up over movie stars.
Nicole Kidman has way more class than that wanker. He's all like " Scientology....is a powerful religious philosophy. It's....a really good thing." ???? And? You stupid little man.
Alright, I gotta get out of here. This post is ridiculous. Forget you read it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home