Saturday, March 04, 2006

I just got done seeing Caché . Sigh. I dunno. I would love to say that it was "gripping!" and "razor sharp!"...but I'm almost leaning towards " unnecessarily boring". Granted it was a French movie, and you have to be in a certain mood to see a French movie. Some parts were really, really good...and I wouldn't have understood the end at all unless my friend pointed out something to me that wasn't in direct view, but blah. This has been such a bad year for films. People raved about Godzilla...and all I remember was thinking, " they're spending way too much time with these dinosaurs". Star Wars over the summer...pretty good, but you knew what was gonna happen. The only "artsy: movies I saw since June ( and I judge a film's art-y ness by its lack of advertisement on tv or in the papers, and the fact that I have to go to the Angelika in Dallas or Plano to see it ) are: "Broken Flowers" that one Bill Murray directed and starred in (kind of boring), " Brokeback Mountain" ( really good, I hope it wins best picture ), and then this one.

Otherwise it's been a rockin' weekend. I really wish I could make 80's night at Hailey's an every night thing. In a 4 hour span, I only sat down once. Me and dancing, see, we're friends now. Grrrreat excercise. ( It helps to have a boyfriend comfortable enough in his sexuality to break it down with ya during "lucky star" by madonna. )

I bought " Walk the Line" as well. It was good, but not as good as I thought it would be. It was like " Ray" with country folk. I guess I'm looking for the next " garden state" or "royal tennenbaums". Something that I can totally relate to, laugh at, and be aesthetically pleasing.

I can't wait til spring break, but that's a whole 'nother post.

2 Comments:

At 1:40 PM , Blogger soylentdeen said...

have you seen Bottle Rocket?

You might like it...

 
At 6:07 PM , Blogger Twentysomething said...

Love Bottle Rocket. That's a Wes Anderson
movie...he also did Rushmore, The Royal Tennenbaums, and Life Aquatic. I think he may be my favorite director...and yes, I am nerdy enough to have a favorite director :O)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home