Ah, now this is the February I know and dread. The Dallas skyline is enveloped in a creepy fog, and there's been no sun since last week. It's so strange how the weather effects my mood. I think I prefer crisp air, gray clouds, and brown trees because I can imagine I live somewhere besides Texas, but I think I may have that S.A.D. ( seasonal affective disorder). February is usually all doom and gloom; and it's only by spring break that I finally stop wanting to gouge my eyes out. I've felt pretty good this month, but I got that all-too-familiar February feeling while I was inching through traffic with that nasty smog-infused mist on my windows, and " Every day is Exactly the Same" by Nine Inch Nails came on the radio. Great song, by the way....drug rehabbed Trent Reznor = angst once again used in a creative outlet, like the music he made when us kids were in middle school and didn't know that rock stars even did drugs.
I went to karaoke on Monday night and had a blast. In The Lovely Bones, Susie Salmon says that you get to pick your own heaven, what happens, and who you see after you die. Well, in my heaven, there will be 80's karaoke every night. I didn't get up and sing in front of everyone, but I knew every song that was sung. Julie, Mayumi, and I tore up the floor during "tainted love" and "pussy control". I think if I get drunk enough the next time I'll sing " Eternal Flame" by the Bangles. I forgot to wash off my hand stamp the next day and the kids were like " oooh, Ms. C done hit up the clubs!!"
I made salsa tonight, which makes me feel happy and productive. I make really good salsa. Something interesting though, in the winter time...it is better to make salsa with canned whole tomatos. I bought fresh ones, the only ones El Sack had -- 'texas sweet', and they were way too watery and flavorless. I charred an extra jalepeno to put in and that helped a lot. So since my tongue was on fire after that, I had some of the best seasonal deliciousness, Dreyer's girl scout cookie SAMOA ice cream! *Drools like homer*. Serious yum action goin' down here. I've been reading food blogs in my spare time at work and come home inspired. I really want to learn how to cook because fast food , campbell's soup, and lean cuisine just ain't cuttin it for my pampered tastes anymore. What I really want is some Indian food. I would be afraid to cook it in my house because curry is a dangerously smelly spice, but I sometimes dream about chicken tikka masala. ( When I'm not dreaming about thai green curry with eggplant and green pepper. Or brownies. Or sourcream enchiladas. ) Yeah that's right. All I really ever dream about is food. Or killing cats. Or being on the internet.
Matt is reading this shaking his head, I know.....:)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home