Monday, February 13, 2006

I want to just stand on top of a mountain and tell God, " USE ME! I GIVE UP! TELL ME WHAT TO DO AND WHERE TO GO!" I'm so bad at this self-actualization goal-setting and realizing crap. Everyone I seek for advice...it seems they tell me what I already know. " Go with your heart." What does THAT mean? Uh, my heart wants to stay in bed and watch movies all day eating brownies. Seriously. I think I could live a rich and productive life as long as I had the internet and a stocked kitchen. All this is referring to my job situation. I talked to the department chair and she gave me a lot of hope for change if I decided to stay. I just don't know if what she says will happen is feasible....

So meh. I'm hoping one day it will just dawn on me, what I'm supposed to do.

For now I'm living my usual daydream life, Focussing on minutia like the stiletto heel shaped bruise in the middle of my left foot *cough Mayumi can't dance cough*, or trying to count the number of books I've read since last January. ( I finished 'Lovely Bones' 2 weeks ago and read 'Night' in 2 days because my students read it in English class ). I'm about to go on another David Sedaris kick. I think we'd be friends...his little stories are hilarious. The last thing I read of his was 'Holidays on Ice', featuring short stories such as "Dinah the Christmas Whore".

In other minutia news, I really enjoy Burt's Bee's hand salve. It comes in a little tin and smells like lemons, and really smoothes out rough spots on your hands. Whoever gave Dick Cheney a gun is an idiot, and the Muslim rioters should learn a lesson or two from South Park's Jesus.






Anyone feel offended?

4 Comments:

At 8:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why DON'T you stand on that mountain and yell at God? He won't mind...any form of communication is wonderful to Him. He just wants to hear from us.

 
At 2:31 PM , Blogger Twentysomething said...

I love you Pastor Amy :)

 
At 4:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. Give Him a yell. Take him to task. This is GOD we're talking about! He can take it, then give you answers.
--Pr. Phil

 
At 11:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

;) Hey that's the ultimate goal. lol...Pastor Amy, that sounds weird. Have a great day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home