Saturday, February 25, 2006

I bought a lot of things today. I bought:

a sterling silver antique-looking ring for 50% at Foley's
lunch at peiwei, ( lettuce wraps )
a pack of orbit gum
20 dollars of gas
dinner at Korea Bbq House

and a 2006 saturn ion 4-door.

Sigh, I finally did it...excercised my right as a young hard-working consumer whore and signed the next 5 years of my life away. I like to think that I am above needing "stuff" but, MY CAR IS SO CUTE! It's pearlized sage green, but in some lights it looks like baby blue. Camel interior. I have onstar and a plug-in for my creative zen so I don't have to use the car kit anymore. I freakin' bought a car. Gah.

The first place I drove in my ion, which I think I shall call Iggy, was to Korea Town...around Harry Hines. Yes, Dallas has its own Korean district, I've discovered. Garland has a little Vietnam, Richardson is where you'll find all the Indian food grocery stores and Mosques, and Dallas has this little Korean haven on Royal and Harry Hines...where the hookers used to be. Strange. Anyway, after going first to Korea House and being the only white girl in there, I realized I was in the wrong restaurant and went right next door to Korea BARBECUE House. Wow, I'm stupid. How did I make that mistake. The meat was delicious, very sweet and tender cooked right at the table, but the side dishes were...not my favorite. I ate seaweed and soy bean sprouts, which were actually okay. The spinach tasted like dirt though, and the spicy cucumber was weird and I didn't even touch the octopus tentacle. I drank sake for the first time, and it was very nice. Strong for a "wine" ( rice wine ) but not strong enough to be a liquor. Mayumi kept pouring the little cups, we got a nice little buzz.

Beverage Survey is in my top 5 favorite courses I took at UNT. We had the best time back then, and we actually learned a lot.

I'm tuckered out. I know reading about food and cars isn't interesting to a lot of people, so I've already thought about 3 other topics I'd like to write about in the future:
* me and Matt's cool conversation about our parents
* Operation Suzi-in-Dallas
* Spring Break revelling
Ciao :)

1 Comments:

At 5:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

pictures of this supposed car? i'll believe it when i see it ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home