Saturday, March 25, 2006

Matt decided to work 40 hours this weekend. Today, that's a double ( starting at 7 AM and coming home at 11 PM ), working with crazy kids and adults. This is distressing to me, as sometimes I feel like the only thing I have to look forward to after working is coming home to spend time with him. ( Ok, I know you're saying "get a life"; I always find other things to do, life's just sweeter doing them with him. ) I guess I got used to getting to see him everyday after spring break and the days following. I almost feel physically addicted. It's that endorphin-y love, and I feel so good that I still have that. I love his names for me...I love that he pats my hair when I'm lying on the couch and says " pretty bird, pretty bird" like on Bambi. He calls me chica loca, diabla blanca, and jokingly looks for the "666" on my scalp. I like doing simple things like going to the grocery store with him, when he gets excited about buying a coconut. " Why do you need a cocnut"? " To eat, silly." " How do you eat a coconut?" " duh, you crack it open with a hammer and drink the juice". We're each other's own little case studies. We have so much fun, and learn more about each other every day.

I went to a wine bar last night with Mayumi and her fabulous Plano friends. People from Garland will understand the inherent difference between Garland and Plano girls; money. The wine bar was fun, but ever since I implimented my new budget, I was very conscious that spending more than 30 dollars on a few glasses of wine was not justifiable. I had a little sampler of champagnes though, 2 were from Reims. Ahh, French champagne *is* different than the 3.95 stuff we get at sack n save. The bubbles dance on your tongue. So while trying to remember that I told myself I wouldn't get inebriated anymore in purpose, I had to leave early. I listened to Sufjan Stevens all the way home and slept from 1 Am to 11 this morning. Sleep is lucious and glorious and decadant if you've been deprived of it for a few days.

2 Comments:

At 7:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww. But I totally understand. I am dating someone new and it is hard not to think about him 24/7. But butterflies are good, right? :) enjoy time with matt when you can. And have a great week!

 
At 10:05 AM , Blogger Twentysomething said...

aww, congratulations :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home