tous en vert
Home again, home again, riggity jig. Back from Austin, not ready to go back to life.
High Points of trip:
1. My mix cd's. " Chicago" by Sufjan Stevens kept in time perfectly with my windshield wipers, Matt's front-seat snores, and the drizzle outside while I drove 80 mph down 35. Great traveling song. My "super mega partay mix" prompted an impromptu dance party when we got back from 6th street.
2. Barton Springs, Lake Travis, the cliffs, the trees, the parks....all in overcast weather. It's gorgeous down there.
3. Spending 4 days of non-stop togetherness with my boyfriend, without killing each other. Don't get me wrong; we came close after about the 5th wet willie he gave me. My fist barely missed his face :)Still, it looks promising....
4. The food. I ate my way through Austin. Trudy's, Plucker's, Madam Mam's, Baby A's, Schlotzsky's, Hula Hut. Will take a few days for pants to adjust.
5. Getting lost around campus, downtown, during South by Southwest; music coming out of every shop and cafe.
6. Sleep, glorious, sleep
7. 6th Street for St. Patrick's Day with more people than expected. Wonderful margaritas at Iron Cactus.
8. The crazy post-6th street party
9. Robert having a handicap plackard so we could park right near 6th. Robert taking off his fake leg and waving it around during " Ice Ice Baby"
10. Really good conversations about life and expectations with Matt on the way home
11. Getting to see Casey, as well as my sister and her boyfriend, and everyone else who came along :)
Trip Low Points:
1. rain, a lot of it.
2. Not getting to go to the caves in San Marcos because of the rain and well, being hung over
3. Drinking too much and causing drama
4. Realizing I'm still as allergic to dogs and cats as I always have been, and waking up with a red hivey rash all over my arms and legs
5. Eating the stale cake
6. Now being unbelievably broke ( thanks to DISD for waiting 6 weeks to pay us poor teachers )
Austin's great, I say this everytime I come home-- I could see myself settling there. Still, it's good to be home. This trip made me realize some serious changes need to be made. 1) new developments with what I want to do career-wise for next year, will talk about that later. 2) It's official, I am tired of drinking to get drunk. Don't get me wrong, that warm, fuzzy, happy feeling will still always be elusive, but waking up feeling like your skin has turned inside out IS NOT. So I'm done. I'll save money and lose weight. 2 drink maximum for me from now on.
I'm hoping the next 10 weeks go fast. Why public school stretches education way til the end of May when kids' brains are shot is beyond me. Oh well, back to the grind...


2 Comments:
A few things:
1) Austin is awesome... I'd be happy to settle there too.
2) You're totally right, drinking is so overrated -- it's so expensive!
3) At least you get out in May ;) I don't get out until June 16th!!! It feels like forever away.
Glad you had a fun spring break.
yea for Sufjan!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home